Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucid

yeah its decent, do you really need 630 watts though ?

its not all about the wattage rating, its moreso about the max current output (amp)on the 12v rail... that psu has about 34 amps... which is good and its only 104$. so i say it looks good to me...

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

its not all about the wattage rating, its moreso about the max current output (amp)on the 12v rail... that psu has about 34 amps... which is good and its only 104$. so i say it looks good to me...

Ya thats what I thought when I saw it.

·
Premium Member
20,315 Posts
For that kind of money you could get an antec 550w, the sunbeam nuuo that has gotten excellent reviews or the seasonic 500w. I haven't heard much good or bad about the raidmax power supplies. Google some reviews first.

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
If you have only a PIII and a FX 5500, 630W and that high of an amperage is overkill. Unless you're building a new PC really soon, I recommend an FSP Group PSU. They're inexpensive, and very reliable. Tom on tomshardware.com has recommended them in a few reviews. I have the 400W SAGA model, which is good for me. If you need high power, look at their SLI certified PSU. It is very powerful, and should last you a while.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
If its for the rig in your profile, then its pretty much overkill, but will work great, plus if you upgrade your rig then thats one item you won't need.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrabb1920

If its for the rig in your profile, then its pretty much overkill, but will work great, plus if you upgrade your rig then thats one item you won't need.

Just to answer some peoples questions. This is for a new rig.

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Then I wouldn't get Raidmax. They're known for cheap cases and PSUs, and you never implement a cheap PSU in a high-powered system. I almost blew my system going with a PSU from a similarly cheap manufacturer. Get something from either FSP, PC Power & Cooling, Sunbeam, or Antec.

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Yeah. Sunbeam's nice.

If not, then you could go for OCZ Powerstream or a Modstream. Just remember to get a PSU over 500W+

Try Enermax and FSP. However, I think NUUO would be an excellent choice.

Just don't get Raidmax.... not a very trustworthy company. I've seen too many complaints. About the cases, and never seen anyone even consider buying a Raidmax PSU.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts