Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Aren't this fancy!
7,225 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
how is the return shipping or return policy for buydig.com ?

I kind of want to try these out.......

wondering....

any discounts for the A900X or AD900X?

·
Aren't this fancy!
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't see a discount for the 900 series, this came to me in an email. They are having a headphone sale, which may include those but this set of headphones had a coupon associated with their sale, and they stuck out to me since they have been praised before.

Don't know about their returns, I'm sure its easy to find on their store.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I've heard that the 900's aren't necessarily all-around better than the 700's. They just sound a bit different; not necessarily better. I've seen people preferring the 700's.

I had the 700's for many years and read lots of hype about the q701's. When I tested the q701's in game with an amp, in comparison to the 700's I would have said in a blind test that the q701's were a $60 headphone and the 700's were $1000 headphones.

Moral of the story is that I'll never buy anything other than 700's again. I doubt even those $1500 headphones would be significantly better.

EDIT: Oh, s**t, I just clicked on OP's link and realized those are the closed versions. Everything I said previously was referring to the AD700 (open) rather than the A700 (closed).

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximilianKohler View Post

I've heard that the 900's aren't necessarily all-around better than the 700's. They just sound a bit different; not necessarily better. I've seen people preferring the 700's.

I had the 700's for many years and read lots of hype about the q701's. When I tested the q701's in game with an amp, in comparison to the 700's I would have said in a blind test that the q701's were a $60 headphone and the 700's were $1000 headphones.

Moral of the story is that I'll never buy anything other than 700's again. I doubt even those $1500 headphones would be significantly better.
The best thing about headphones is that their sound is completely subjective to your preferences. I actually agree with you to some degree (although I have never tried the q701's) I have tried both the DT990 250 ohm and the a700's (the originals) and while I do prefer my DT990's, the a700's preform significantly better on the low ends. My music taste has changed from techno and hip-hop to 80's, classic metal and rock, and a little R&B (frank ocean mainly) and as far as vocals go, the DT990's are definitely better in the mids and highs.

however, I'd just like to add that for $100, you really would be hard pressed to find a better pair of cans.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyae86 View Post

how is the wing system headband on long elongated heads?
I have a big head in general. All I can say is it was the most comfortable pair I've ever put on.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom55520 View Post

I have a big head in general. All I can say is it was the most comfortable pair I've ever put on.
Agreed.

The only think I don't like about the 700's is they are pretty much the ugliest headphone I've ever seen. But the x series improved that with the different colors.

Oh, s**t, I just clicked on OP's link and realized those are the closed versions. Everything I said previously was referring to the AD700 (open) rather than the A700 (closed).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts