Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so basically i need to know which one is better:
Scout or cm690
Im leaning towards the scout(just for looks) and i need help knowing if the air flow is really better and the over all features. Right now there the same price because of shipping.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I'd get the storm, airflow seems to be quite similar, plus you can add your own fans on the side panel, has an exhaust fan, has a front fan too

and it looks amazing!

• Rep+
Reactions: DotHacker666

·
Custom User Title
3,652 Posts
Scout has that 140mm in the front for intake and 120mm exhaust VS. CM690's 120mm intake and 120mm exhaust (you most likely wont use the side fan).

Plus the scout has the top vent slots, and a big hole in the mobo tray for the HFS plate plus its black interior.

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
I have a scout
IT is an amazing case but rather small
you can't fit a 5870 in there
the biggest is a 5850

And the cable management isn't the best I've seen...

Its a great looking case with great airflow but
could improve in cable management
its a small case.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
If you can wait like 25 days or so you could get the cm 690 2 advanced which is coming out. Pics are in my thread,http://www.overclock.net/computer-ca...nced-pics.html. I'm thinking this will be the same price as the orginal b/c when the storm sniper black edition came out to the replace the orginal the price was the same.

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DotHacker666
View Post

so i'll get the scout thanks for the help. +rep to all, for the help.

The Scout is a great choice, I'm not fond of the looks so I would probably go for something like the Centurion 590, but it has great airflow and is reasonably roomy. For $80, if you can get over the looks (I might not be able to), it is really not a hard choice.

• Rep+
Reactions: DotHacker666

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmx+
View Post

The Scout is a great choice, I'm not fond of the looks so I would probably go for something like the Centurion 590, but it has great airflow and is reasonably roomy. For $80, if you can get over the looks (I might not be able to), it is really not a hard choice.

i dont really want to wait for the case to come out, looks like the scout and it will cost more.

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DotHacker666
View Post

i dont really want to wait for the case to come out, looks like the scout and it will cost more.

The Centurion 590 is $30 cheaper after rebate

However, the Scout is a better case for most cases, I wouldn't spend the extra $30 for it because I prefer the looks of the Centurion and it's a bit smaller, however, I would never spend more than $70 + shipping for a case

1 - 20 of 23 Posts