Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I buying a new computer case. I bought this pc back in march http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/118395/Asus-M11AD-US004S-Desktop-Computer-Intel/;jsessionid=00... and i've been upgrading it (new cpu, power supply, graphics card, and ram) im looking to get a new case but idk what size. Can someone tell me what size i need? Can i please get a link? im planning on doing upgrading but nothing major, just like a new cooling system. I just need to know what case i should get based on what i already have (msi gtx 750ti graphics card, 700w psu, 8bg ram, i5-4690k cpu) <-- all stuff i have upgraded! Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshhhh0 View Post

I buying a new computer case. I bought this pc back in march http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/118395/Asus-M11AD-US004S-Desktop-Computer-Intel/;jsessionid=00... and i've been upgrading it (new cpu, power supply, graphics card, and ram) im looking to get a new case but idk what size. Can someone tell me what size i need? Can i please get a link? im planning on doing upgrading but nothing major, just like a new cooling system. I just need to know what case i should get based on what i already have (msi gtx 750ti graphics card, 700w psu, 8bg ram, i5-4690k cpu) <-- all stuff i have upgraded! Thanks
aside from how much you're trying to spend, what size is your motherboard? that will pretty much be the most important thing in determining what size case you need.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBlackFire View Post

aside from how much you're trying to spend, what size is your motherboard? that will pretty much be the most important thing in determining what size case you need.
I honestly have no idea.. i know i sound nooby lol. I posted a link to the the pc i originally bought i havent touched the motherboard so what it say i have there is what i have

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
case size is dictated primarily by the motherboard inside of it. In this case, the motherboard inside is a h81 chipset(and by the looks of the picture, its of micro-atx form factor). So any case with micro-atx option(pretty much most cases besides cases designed for mini-itx) will work.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Quote:

I honestly have no idea.. i know i sound nooby lol. I posted a link to the the pc i originally bought i havent touched the motherboard so what it say i have there is what i have
I looked at the specs for your ASUS system you linked and a mid-tower case will work just fine, your motherboard is a standard ATX per ASUS, but it could be a micro and
most if not all mid-tower cases will hold a micro atx

·
I fix Stuff
5,416 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhawn View Post

I looked at the specs for your ASUS system you linked and a mid-tower case will work just fine, your motherboard is a standard ATX per ASUS, but it could be a micro and
XD okay so you told me mid and the previous told me micro atx.. so what will be good for me?

·
I fix Stuff
5,416 Posts
Quote:

XD okay so you told me mid and the previous told me micro atx.. so what will be good for me?
If you do not want wasted space a micro atx case is just fine. the motherboard will look out of place and too small in a mid tower atx case in my opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderTheGoober View Post

If you do not want wasted space a micro atx case is just fine. the motherboard will look out of place and too small in a mid tower atx case in my opinion.
could you post a link to an optimal case please?
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
Quote:

okay I see that it's most likely standard mATX. any ideo how much money you want to spend? may as well go with a mATX case. I second the Arc Mini R2 Xander posted. did you buy a cpu cooler?

·
I fix Stuff
5,416 Posts
Quote:

could you post a link to an optimal case please?
smile.gif
See above post
Quote:

okay is see that it's most likely standar mATX. any ideo how much money you want to spend? may as well go with a mATX case. I second the Arc Mini R2 Xander posted.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Quote:

you can use a mid-tower or micro case, for more room and better cooling a mid-tower would be my choice.
in your first post you said you will update the cooling, a micro case is limited on types of coolers

·
Chainsaw noise far off
6,011 Posts
Quote:

Judging by the amount of expansion slots,I would say it's not atx,it is micro atx meaning as was said just about any case will work unless it is a mini itx case.

·
I fix Stuff
5,416 Posts
Quote:

you can use a mid-tower or micro case, for more to and better cooling a mid-tower would be my choice.
Mid tower would have better cooling but given the questions that are being asked. and the hardware that is in it there will be no added benefit of a mid tower aside from more room to work internally when upgrading. Still 3 wasted expansion slots though

The difference of temps for the hardware that he currently has will not be noticed at all as long as a case is purchased with decent cooling for a micro atx. Avoid the $30 dumpster cases.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

okay I see that it's most likely standard mATX. any ideo how much money you want to spend? may as well go with a mATX case. I second the Arc Mini R2 Xander posted. did you buy a cpu cooler?
im willing to spend up to about $70 maybe $100, and no when i bought the i5-4690k i just used the cooler it came with

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderTheGoober View Post

Mid tower would have better cooling but given the questions that are being asked. and the hardware that is in it there will be no added benefit of a mid tower aside from more room to work internally when upgrading. Still 3 wasted expansion slots though

The difference of temps for the hardware that he currently has will not be noticed at all as long as a case is purchased with decent cooling for a micro atx. Avoid the $30 dumpster cases.
his first post said he will be upgrading the cooling, not many choices for coolers in a micro case.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts