Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i decided to overclock and my north bridge gets really hot so i need a chipset cooler and cheap one with good reviews.
by the way my south bridge get hot too do i need a cooler for it??

·
Administrator
64,361 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Hmm..Most northbridge/chipset waterblocks add a bunch of restriction to the loop, and buying a nice air cooled heatsink would benefit you must more, considering that it's CPU and/or GPU temps you're after. Most chipsets like temps around the 55C range, but they'll take 60C. Usually, you can set your chipset fan in your BIOS to go full-tilt at a set temp, I usually have mine set around 25C so it's always running, and it stays around 35C. Save yourself some hassle and get a good chipset air cooler.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burn

Hmm..Most northbridge/chipset waterblocks add a bunch of restriction to the loop, and buying a nice air cooled heatsink would benefit you must more, considering that it's CPU and/or GPU temps you're after. Most chipsets like temps around the 55C range, but they'll take 60C. Usually, you can set your chipset fan in your BIOS to go full-tilt at a set temp, I usually have mine set around 25C so it's always running, and it stays around 35C. Save yourself some hassle and get a good chipset air cooler.

Ditto. Rep +

1 - 11 of 11 Posts