Overclock.net banner

Buying first laptop

4564 21
ok ppl i looking to spend about £550 - £700 on a laptop i live in united kingdom i would use me laptop for pretty much everything and i want some good deals any people have any recomendations for me
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
456 Posts
Here are the specs for my laptop.

And I decided to run the stress test with settings on med/low, 1024x768, no AA, simple reflections and it clocked in at an average of 36.08 fps, which is very playable albiet not very pretty looking visually, but considering what I have to work with I think it is pretty good. A newer one would definitly be able to handle HL2.

· Registered
183 Posts
Quote:

My wife purchased a Gateway w730-K8X Athlon Mobile 4000+, ATI X600 graphics 1024 RAM, solid system. Plays NFS Most Wanted like a desktop, and less than 8 lbs. You can pick one up for under a $1000. A good solid buy.

I just purchased this system it was well worth the money. see more specs below
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1130986342926

Quote:

If you plan on doing any gaming I would recomend you look at something with a better graphics solution. All of the above are integrated graphics solutions. All of the above also use system memory as graphics memory. I am willing to bet that my slightly older P4 2ghz laptop with radeon 9000 graphics 64mb dedicated VRAM would womp on any of the above. I guess this comment isnt helping the solution though....

AND BTW i have a home built desktop pent 4 northwood 2.0 ghz oc to 2.6 ghz with a raeden 9600xt and 1.5ghz of ram and this laptop beats it hands down. Plays games good. And also this is not a on board video it is actualy a ati card it does share memory, says its 256 but really its 128 on card and shares 128 off system. The x600 card is built on the 9600 series core i believe. I think the aquamark 03 score on this was 3249 and my old pent 4 2 ghz system was like 2750. maybe higher but cant remember.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.