Overclock.net banner

Buying first modular psu

632 Views 22 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  obsidian86
Okay so I built my first computer a few months back and at the time I was not informed about modular power supplies. Now that I know about them though I will never get a regular psu because my cords are everywhere. I have the 650TX in this case and its just terrible. Im going to crossfire and I hope to eventually watercool so I dont know how many watts ill need. What power supply should I get?
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyubimark;14247118
Okay so I built my first computer a few months back and at the time I was not informed about modular power supplies. Now that I know about them though I will never get a regular psu because my cords are everywhere. I have the 650TX in this case and its just terrible. Im going to crossfire and I hope to eventually watercool so I dont know how many watts ill need. What power supply should I get?
I give you few choice:
1> corsair ax750
2> corsair ax650
3> seasonic x760
4> seasonic x660
all the above psu are fully modular.
Hope this helps.

· Registered
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badatgames18;14247188
seasonic x series or the corsair ax series would be top notch...
fully modular and they come in smaller wattages

sometimes it's hard to stick it in though
EDIT: the leads of the modular cable i mean
I'm with this guy, go with the Seasonic X-Series, all 80 Plus psu's, and the fan doesnt even move unless its under load, I'm using the x650 and it's unbelievable and full of luxury, I have tons of pictures of it if you wanna see it.

Did I mention that The X-Series has it's own Owners Club? Very stable and great quality.

Seasonic I believe is best in industry hands-down.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.