Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry im opening a new thread but i really need help
i am looking for a good mobo for overclocking my p4 (lga775)
but i need at least 3 pci slots and 1 or more pci express x16 for my video card
and i have pc3200 ddr400 i need 4 slots up tp 4g memory
thatnk you for helping im a newbie in this

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by selectodude

P5n32-sli.

He is not necessarly looking for SLI, but rather a good OCer. The P5WD2-E is SLI ready (waiting on the NVidia BIOS), and it is the BEST OCer for 775.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
hey dani,
The best bang for your buck is this Asus motherboard. That will give you a good OC for the price.

SLI is Nvidia's Scalable Link interface, where it will support 2 PCI express video cards. Read more about that here

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dani

and i have a 300w power supply should i get this one its cheap
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817148027
is it good for ocing
and by the way wat pci express x1 used for?

PCIe 1x is used mainly for Gigabit ethernet cards and some super expensive RAID cards.
wow that PSU is a good deal, I would buy it..It is much better than that PSU that came with your case, those things are very poor and are really made for the trash

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i ordered that psu today im hoping to get it on friday they gave free shipping and 10$
rebate and wat RAID
is 512mb ok for a computer???
cuz i might get the the asus mobo that wowza showed with the ram pauldolvi
showed then i up graded my whole computer exept the cpu

now with the new psu i spent 400$ so i upgrade my computer for 600$ now ill have a great computer

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
I wouldn't get that G.Skill Pauli posted (unless you need 2GB), the timings are horrible for the rated speed. I would recommed this It is what I have and it's money.. the timings are really good for that price

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:
1st one is probably your best bet (second link works, but lists a lot of memory) the third one looks like it is only 512, not 1GB and the last one is rated at a very slow speed, so stear clear of that.

Dani, to tell you the truth, your not spending your money wisely here. Your matching cheap ram with your CPU, and cutting it short on your mobo. I do recommend you keep your current CPU, but get nice ram (either the 2GB pauli posted or the ones in my above post) and a decent processor. Sell the rest and buy a graphics card. Your CPU is fine, there is OCing potential there. Also for any spare money, get a decent CPU cooler. But yea, for now, skip the CPU, and dive for mobo and memory and a gfx card!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
but i have a graphic card ati radeon x550 (256mb)and i overclocked the ram from 250mhz to 372.60mhz and with new cooler i can go more.
i overcloked the core from 400 to 502.25.
and the last memory has good reviews why you said low speed.
and my old psu is working good but i ordered a new one so where should i sell its a hipro 300wpsu
and later ill sell my memory sticks i got 2x256 unbuffered company is hynix and 1x512 from compusa but when i sent the rebate it was to pny

1 - 16 of 16 Posts