Overclock.net banner

301 - 320 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofmyheadyo View Post

Where do you guys order your bykski blocks from ? I am browsing around aliexpress but, perhaps there is a better place to buy from ?
thumb.gif

Would love a place with free shipping, but that`s just too much to ask for it seems.
Bykski USA is a good choice if you're in the US. The Ali sellers charge such high shipping that stateside is cheaper too.

Sent from my ZTE Axon 7 Resurrection Remix.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavantStrike View Post

Quote:

Where do you guys order your bykski blocks from ? I am browsing around aliexpress but, perhaps there is a better place to buy from ?
thumb.gif

Would love a place with free shipping, but that`s just too much to ask for it seems.
Bykski USA is a good choice if you're in the US. The Ali sellers charge such high shipping that stateside is cheaper too.

Sent from my ZTE Axon 7 Resurrection Remix.
Bykski USA is really expensive right now, mainly due to high import and tariff fees from what I read. They're trying to normalize it, but who knows when that will be.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quote:

thumb.gif

I've seen formulamod.com mentioned. I just ordered from freezemod.com and had a good experience. Any of the Chinese storefronts you order from are going to have cheap products with steep shipping, though.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnad View Post

Bykski USA is really expensive right now, mainly due to high import and tariff fees from what I read. They're trying to normalize it, but who knows when that will be.
YMMV but some of the products are identical in price due to high shipping from China.

·
Big Radiators!
825 Posts
Could someone please provide a reliable source for white Barrow fittings and connectors from Asia? I found some sellers on Taobao, but I really am not sure I should spend 500+ dollars there.
What I am looking for is a known serious website from Asia or Europe which carries Barrow fittings from the whole range, I need all types of white fittings and connectors for my build and I can't find any other brand carrying them.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
aliexpress thend to have a full refund policie if your components recived are fake and you provide evidence. also less expensive.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Formulamod.com and Freezemod.com

Formulamod other people have successfully ordered from, and Freezemod I personally have ordered from recently.

·
Big Radiators!
825 Posts
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just bought my Bykski setup from Aliexpress seller 'watercooling CN Store'. I got the 1080 GTX strix waterblock, bykski s2011 cpu block, 5.25" bay clear reservoir, all fittings (including nice y splitter with screw valve (no accidental turns) for draining, a D5 pump for $190 delivered to Chicago. Took about 2 weeks from initial order confirmation to front door delivery. The seller was great because individually the shipping rates are high but if you get a few items he give me a package discount. The pump is near silent and the blocks are high quality. Pic below before I tidied up the fan wires. I already had the killcoil, radiator and tubing beforehand.

I know it looks like I'm shilling for this guy, but the customer service was great and all the products are 1st class and the price was ridiculous for what I got.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
some of their cpu blocks off the website look absolutely dope. they got some excellent marketing skill on their web team

·
Meddling user
7,423 Posts
I'm awaiting a TR block by Bykski. I was going to order CPU-XPR-AM, in feedback for item I saw photo showing differing setup of block. Seller was quick to respond to query and it turns out Bykski have changed design but not updated their site about. I instead went for A-Ryzen-Th-X/A-Ryzen-ThV2-X.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Beautifull

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Just bought my Bykski setup from Aliexpress seller 'watercooling CN Store'. I got the 1080 GTX strix waterblock, bykski s2011 cpu block, 5.25" bay clear reservoir, all fittings (including nice y splitter with screw valve (no accidental turns) for draining, a D5 pump for $190 delivered to Chicago. Took about 2 weeks from initial order confirmation to front door delivery. The seller was great because individually the shipping rates are high but if you get a few items he give me a package discount. The pump is near silent and the blocks are high quality. Pic below before I tidied up the fan wires. I already had the killcoil, radiator and tubing beforehand.

I know it looks like I'm shilling for this guy, but the customer service was great and all the products are 1st class and the price was ridiculous for what I got.
This pump? It's a knockoff. Plus, D5s are built in Hungary, why would it be cheaper from a Chinese seller?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I'm awaiting a TR block by Bykski. I was going to order CPU-XPR-AM, in feedback for item I saw photo showing differing setup of block. Seller was quick to respond to query and it turns out Bykski have changed design but not updated their site about. I instead went for A-Ryzen-Th-X/A-Ryzen-ThV2-X.
They rotated the orientation of the in/out ports and the jet plate. Interesting!

·
Registered
479 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Guys, because I am bad at recognising screws, does anyone knows what is the type of the long screws Bykski supplies with their waterblocks?

I bought the Vega 64 Nitro+ waterblock from them, and while is amazing, I am 9 long screws short. I was already 5 screws short by using the small 4 screws with the springs to fit the waterblock, but they aren't that good to properly fit the block. So I had to remove 4 springs from the short screws, and use the X crosspiece with the long screws and the springs to properly fit the block tightly.

The same found in this picture. (long ones)

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Bykski/FOUR_Founders_GTX_1080_Waterblock/images/packaging-6.jpg

I have used the remaining long screws with the Nitro+ backplate near the VRM L shape area, and couple of more to hold the front and back. But still I am 9 screws short.

As for a quick review, the waterblock is amazingly good in performance, very well made and supplied with RBG controllers etc and 2/3 the price of the EK product.
(not that the latter is making V64 Nitro+ waterblocks)

Btw here is a pic with it's fittings ready to be plugged on the Predator 360

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Decided to go on an adventure because I'm cheap and get my gear direct from China and BARROW through Taobao.

edit: The struggle is documented here: reddit.com/r/taobao/comments/8phl5p/first_time_taobao_stuck_on_first_shipping/

About USD $400 + $70 in shipping
And second package USD $10
Took 1 - 1.5ish month

Attachments

·
Optics Fiend
4,856 Posts
So their stuff is GTG? About to jump on a vega 56 block.

301 - 320 of 356 Posts