Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the EA Games Strategy Collection, it was on sale for 10.99

Anyways, it comes with C&C Generals, C&C Zero Hour, Black and White2, Black and White 2 Battle of the Gods and LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth.

Either of the C&C games, and LOTR will not launch. I start the game, the splash screen comes up, and then nothing. I set the compatibility to different levels and nothing. Google isn't sowing anything either.

Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad_Handlez89
View Post

I heard the old C&C games had a problem with the DX10 software......maybe its that?

Software or hardware?

I'm on XP.

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
The same exact thing happened to me with this game as soon as I moved to C2D.

You'll need to go back to stock from your overclocked settings. It had something to do with memory timings and my northbridge voltage I think.

I can in no way shape or form describe why going back to stock fixed the issue when my system was stable from the get go, but give it a try. It worked for me.

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegend
View Post

The same exact thing happened to me with this game as soon as I moved to C2D.

You'll need to go back to stock from your overclocked settings. It had something to do with memory timings and my northbridge voltage I think.

I can in no way shape or form describe why going back to stock fixed the issue when my system was stable from the get go, but give it a try. It worked for me.

Well...errr.....that like, goes against my nature, lol.

I AM running a [email protected], so that may be it, mabye I'll drop the resolution and try that, that I'm willing to do.

Mad, dude, since when are the XP drivers DX10 software??

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
I bought the EA Games Strategy Collection, it was on sale for 10.99

Anyways, it comes with C&C Generals, C&C Zero Hour, Black and White2, Black and White 2 Battle of the Gods and LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth.

Either of the C&C games, and LOTR will not launch. I start the game, the splash screen comes up, and then nothing. I set the compatibility to different levels and nothing. Google isn't sowing anything either.

Anyone know?
must be your gpu i had the same problem .

i ownd a 7600gs it worked ok. i then got a 8800gts.. now it dont work..

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm..I wonder why LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth will not load.....could be the same thing? I love that game

I get this sometime when trying to load both C&C and LOTR....Google is still not telling me anything........

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegend
View Post

Did you trying going stock while installing/loading the game? You can set your clocks back once the game is installed.

Give it a shot.

Ahh, that's what you meant. Yeah, I'll give that a shot, nothing else it working.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
hmm this is wierd, I have know idea what this could be, but looks like the disk is screwed over or something. Most of these things are fixed with a res change but it looks like that didnt work.

Sry i got nothing

~Higgins

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgins View Post
hmm this is wierd, I have know idea what this could be, but looks like the disk is screwed over or something. Most of these things are fixed with a res change but it looks like that didnt work.

Sry i got nothing

~Higgins
Definetly not a disk isue. Program loaded/patched fine. It did it before and after hte patch.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Quote:

Man, I keep trying to find something on google to fix this, but nothing....
I have the same issue,and now all those games work great.Look in here and that's the way to fixed.http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/20...ml#post2332043
If you need more help hit back.

·
Banned
2,708 Posts
Quote:

Hmmm..I wonder why LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth will not load.....could be the same thing? I love that game

It's based on the same game engine. It's called WW3D or W3D (Not shockwave) and it is a touchy engine since it was just a beefed up RTS interfaced C&C Renegade (About 7 years old now) so your best bet is to email EA games and see if they fixed their BFME and C&C tech support. It might also be the un patched version, take a look and see if there is a patch for it or run the auto updater

1 - 20 of 20 Posts