Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's available to buy via Steam! It's been there since yesterday!

I wonder if I can buy with this influx of client's I've been getting.

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
Dang, nice find!

·
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EA ALMOST pulled a fast one on us. Thankfully, it's out on Steam, so most people won't miss it.

Just waiting on these clients... Gas for car or CNC4? x.x

·
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by cory1234 View Post
Why waste money on C&C4 when you can play SC2 beta for free

Apparently, you've never heard of die hard fans.

Yes, I have played SC1 and am waiting for SC2.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
After Tiberian Sun it all went down hill and cartoonie.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Magix
View Post

after seeing the "hit" that was red alert 3, I think I'll wait on this one to come down in price a bit. C&C3 was awesome though.

RA3 is OK.

C&C3 I think is gorgeous, fun, and dominant

C&C4 is an utter joke and I am embarrassed for having it installed on my PC (Beta)

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rpm666
View Post

RA3 is OK.

C&C3 I think is gorgeous, fun, and dominant

C&C4 is an utter joke and I am embarrassed for having it installed on my PC (Beta)

I have played all the c&c, so far genrals and 3 have been my fav.
I have to agree with you about the c&c4 beta it was bad, played once or twice and uninstalled it. Lets hope the real game is better or it will be a sad ending to the c&c era

·
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by navit
View Post

I have played all the c&c, so far genrals and 3 have been my fav.
I have to agree with you about the c&c4 beta it was bad, played once or twice and uninstalled it. Lets hope the real game is better or it will be a sad ending to the c&c era

Damn.

Even with half of the original Westwood team, EA, judging by the opinions, still put a big flaming piece of turd on it. QQ

I'll reserve better judgement till I play it myself. I was accepted into the Beta, but spent so much time lollygagging that I forgot. Good thing, eh?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by legoman786 View Post
Damn.

Even with half of the original Westwood team, EA, judging by the opinions, still put a big flaming piece of turd on it. QQ

I'll reserve better judgement till I play it myself. I was accepted into the Beta, but spent so much time lollygagging that I forgot. Good thing, eh?
yea it really blew

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
well that sucks, glad i came here first. i really was wanting to see another good C&C game but i guess i will need to wait :-/

·
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I heard there is no base building in CnC4... Can someone clarify?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by legoman786 View Post
I heard there is no base building in CnC4... Can someone clarify?
There is no base building, as in there is no base building.

What the game is (I can only speak for online multiplayer during beta) is you have "crawlers." It can either be Defense, offense or support.

A defensive crawler is the only crawler that allows structures and it only builds turrets and the like.

Resources are gathered by units, and brought back to the base. Units are free, but you can only build a certain amount before you reach a total population cap. Resources are used for upgrades and going into the next tier, which allow stronger units. When your crawler dies, it gives you a timer and allows you to respawn it and you can even change what kind you have, iirc.

That pretty much sums up the game, it may be a bit different from the last time I played it.

·
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, totally ruining the series is an understatement.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by legoman786
View Post

Wow, totally ruining the series is an understatement.

Yeah, I raged about it pretty hard on the CnC forums, had a great informative post, and it was locked by the "community manager" because I was trolling.

:/

It's pretty much a RTS with no base building or resource management. In other words, not CnC.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I remember getting CC4 beta. I tried one game and I hated it. Deleted it instantly. Although, I figured no way was it a finished product and they would add more features like base building etc but clearly I was wrong. "Finished" product looks exactly like beta. Just as ugly and just as bad. What a disappointment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts