Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Howdy!

Welcome to my buildlog! Things are still in the planning / design / idonthaveenoughmoneyrightnow phase so things will be slow for now. Some of the things I have models for are the backplate, midplate, reservoir (I wont be showing this off til it's complete), and I am currently working on the drive bay designs. Anyway, this is gunna be a long ride thats going to take quite some time to complete as I am a poor college student,so strap in. Thanks for dropping in and enjoy!

c h a r | o t t e

Main Components:
  1. Mainboard: EVGA Z77 FTW
  2. CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.8ghz + (upgrading to i7-2700k)
  3. GPU: 2 x EVGA GTX 680 (flashed to 680 SC bios)
  4. Ram: 8 GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600 mhz
  5. PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w (may be moving to an EVGA NEX750 for sleeving purposes)
  6. Case: Silverstone TJ07
WaterCooling Gear:
  1. CPU: Danger Den M6 Nickel
  2. GPU: 2 x EK FC-680 Nickel Plexi (non-csq blocks)
  3. Pump: 2 x Laing DDC-1T
  4. Pump Top: EK DDCx2 Top
  5. Reservoir: EK MultiOption ResX2 250ml (backup in the event my custom reservoir design fails)
  6. Radiator: Alphacool NeXxos MONSTA 480mm (need to order)

Mods:

1. Custom Faceplate with illuminated "c h a r | o t t e" logo
  2. Custom Reverse ATX Backplate illuminated with build logo
  3. Custom Aluminum Radiator / pump stand
  4. Custom Mobo tray
  5. Nickel pipe tubing
  6. Custom Reservoir to be built into the midplate

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3RG View Post

What's the reason behind the name?
Charlotte will be the name of my first daughter, girlfriend loves the name and I'm okay with it so it's decided haha. It's different but we like it and that's all that matters. Naming the build Charlotte merely because I thought it was elegant and different from most other builds, it also makes the woman happier about the money dumped into this!
rolleyes.gif

8jay8: the faceplate will be laser cut with the design and will then be sandwiched with a luminous acrylic panel and metal sheet that has been covered in foil tape. Then, just add a few LEDs to the side and voila, luminous logo!

Thanks for subbing guys, hopefully this build will exceed all of our expectations!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The time has come to buy fans!

Shall I go with:

-SP120 QE's
-SP120 HP's
-Scythe GT's
-Anything else you guys can think of
thumb.gif

Some pictures just to tease
rolleyes.gif

And the inverted backplate with logo

Any criticism is welcomed, I'm excited to hear what you guys think. Let me know how you guys like the formatting of the spoilers and if you have any suggestions for my photography. I really want to take the best pictures I can with this Rebel xTi, so any comments will help. I have many more parts planned out, but I'm not quite ready to show them off yet.
thumb.gif

Til' next time!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Before you pick out your fans, consider the color scheme and if it is going to be visible. I am going to be using Corsair AF140 quiet edition fans and the similar 120's in my A+ Diablo "mod." These fans are standard black but you can change out the color halos or if you want paint them. I love these fans because they are quiet and really move a lot of air. But that's just me.

So far your build is looking good, I am looking forward to more updates.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the reply Mrsouldat. I've decided on 4 x SP120 quiet edition fans for the 480 monsta rad and a single AF120 quiet edition for general airflow over the mobo. The monsta rad requires very little airflow to cool efficiently, so I will probably be further silencing these with a fan controller (likely aquaero).

I will likely be painting the rings a nice graphite grey, a dark red, or possibly even silver. The company I will be using to plate my pipes and other metal parts also does water transfering. I've been playing with the idea of having the rings water transfered with a crazy design, but I'm not sure what!

Edit:

Here's an example of the finishes they offer. The build color template is silver black and red.

I'm rather fond of the brushed aluminum finish. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think that would be a great looking case. also the Sp120 come with an adapter to lower the noise, so the controller is optional. I think you're off to a great start so keep it up.

·
back at it
4,776 Posts
subbed, one day i'll go mad and order a TJ07 (love them since i saw the first murdermod and the variety of mods later) and mod it like hell. one day
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Looks awesome, subbed!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.