Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm clocking mine to 3.2ghz Stock HSF and no problems, just wondering how long it will last at those speeds, any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts
Depends on the vcore and the heat that it's getting.

Please input your computer specs Here.

Also, download the following:
Temp monitors - TAT - CoreTemp

Orthos - Change the option to Stress CPU with Gromics and click start while watching the temps raise up.

Do not exceed 60C with Orthos loading.

Run Orthos for 1-2 minute and report back with your Idle, Load temps and vcore.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TaiDinh View Post
Depends on the vcore and the heat that it's getting.

Please input your computer specs Here.

Also, download the following:
Temp monitors - TAT - CoreTemp

Orthos - Change the option to Stress CPU with Gromics and click start while watching the temps raise up.

Do not exceed 60C with Orthos loading.

Run Orthos for 1-2 minute and report back with your Idle, Load temps and vcore.

I have noticed that 1-2 minutes dont get the max temps... You will need to run it for 6-8 minutes to get the max temp

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan0550 View Post
I have noticed that 1-2 minutes dont get the max temps... You will need to run it for 6-8 minutes to get the max temp
Yeah, but I'm just getting an estimate. What if he's/she's running 80C load for 6-8 minutes? Wouldn't that be bad?

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh the vcore is 1.6v and with the stock HSF im getting temps about eh, 32-34 idle and 40-53c load

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by redsunx View Post
Heh the vcore is 1.6v and with the stock HSF im getting temps about eh, 32-34 idle
WHAT?! 1.6vcore? That's a killer dude! D: Though, what are you using to check your temps? 32-34 is 100% WRONG with that kind of vcore on stock HSF.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
1.6vcore will pretty much take down your C2D. Get away.
NOW OMG NOW GO NOW AND GET AWAY!

I wouldn't go over 1.5...unless you're on phase or something.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voidsplit View Post
Thats not his actual Vcore, thats what he is inputing in his bios, but that is still very very high to have to be putting in the Bios :S i'd like to know what week your CPU is. Download CPU-Z and tell us your actual Vcore/Your CPU's week.
What he is setting in the BIOS is the actual Vcore. Don't use CPU-Z to check Vcore. It's not accurate. I think it's fixed now but the Vcore in the BIOS is correct.

This is bull. I think he is reading the temps form the BIOS. There is no way you use 1.6V to get 3.2GHz and get those kind of temps. The Vcore is absurd and unnecessarily high just to hit 3.2GHz. Additionally, those temps are crazy low for such a high Vcore. Use TAT or CoreTemp to read the temps.

BTW, I think you can lower the Vcore. !.6V is way too high.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1.6v is high???? holy balls ok lower that, and yeah im using the bios to check all this stuff, thats why intels are crazy because they can do that

EDIT: I lowerd the core to 1.3v now and its running at the same temps

·
Registered
655 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyyboii
View Post

What he is setting in the BIOS is the actual Vcore.

What you set in bios is almost always NOT exactly what you get for vcore (unless your board has 0 vdroop).

What BIOS reads the actual vcore at would be just as accurate as what CPUz reads it at in almost all cases.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
But even at 1.6vcore in the BIOS the numbers actual are still going to be crazy high.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevsta112003
View Post

What you set in bios is almost always NOT exactly what you get for vcore (unless your board has 0 vdroop).

What BIOS reads the actual vcore at would be just as accurate as what CPUz reads it at in almost all cases.

This was after the recent CPU-Z update. It seems to be more correct now
He lowered to 1.3V and have the same results
This means...push for more!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts