Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mobo has't much overclocking capabilities, it just have FSB option to increase the multiplier was 7 and stock FSB was 266 which was increased to 333 (maximum fsb in the bios)

CPUZ Cpu

CPUZ memory

this is the orthos test and the temps

i need to know if everything is running fine and suggest me if anything is wrong and *while the Orthos test the temps reached 58 MAX and then it was staying 51 to 55)
and there where option in the bios Memory Voltages like what it do ??

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
stock idle temps are 36-40 and stock full load temps are 50-55 max (55 sometimes)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually i was asking about temperatures are they really okay??? on some other forums some people were saying that these are too much =(

max it gets on 100% load is 58... and at idle it reach sometimes 45.. please just a lil confusion

·
Registered
119 Posts
Speedfan doesn't seem to work well with C2D builds. TAT or Coretemp is your best bet. Download and install those and report back.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
It irrates me that no-one really knows what a C2D max temp is, or safe temp.

Wish Intel would tell us or something.

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
Intel says 60.1C, but that's the thermal spec at the highest stock speed.

The throttle point is like 85C or so as far I know, but it's always safe to stay way (20C or so) below that if you want to run that CPU for a prolonged period.

Intel is not going to give max temps at speeds other than within spec (thus stock), since they don't condone overclocking

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i've downlaoded and installed intel TAT 2.06 and for some reason its not running and giving the following error.. i want to tell that i've disabled these options in bios (Spread Spectum, C1E, Intel speed step)

what to do nowwwwwww? is the version incompatiable can anybody give me the correct version's link.. =/

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah now i downloaded the core temp and the temps were a bit high than before.. it was 51-54 idle & 65 on 100% load.. what should i do now? are these temps acceptable or not???

and my ram is running on about 840mhz and the original speed is 667mhz.. i think this is a really high OC..will it pop up ?? as i ran 3 hours orthos RAM and CPU test and it was stable!

is anybody there to answer???

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Try running memtest to see if it really is stable. If it is, that's a nice RAM overclock..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what do you say about my temperatures???

*yeah now i downloaded the core temp and the temps were a bit high than before.. it was 51-54 idle & 65 on 100% load.. what should i do now? are these temps acceptable or not???*

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
memtest is running without any error for 30 minutes and over 100% coverage... there is one case fan installed only which is intake.. will install more fans soon like two at side panels (one 80mm and one 120mm) and two at back (both 80mm)
what is the final comment for both memory and cpu? mean running at 65 sounds safe?? and running memory at 840 wont bake it?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeh i'll go for one soon.. till then is it safe to run with these temps? what do you say for how long??

and how many 12v fans can i run on one 12v wire coming from psu??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts