Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. this HD Tune screenshot is from 3 weeks ago when the C300 was brand new.

this is what i got when i ran HD Tune today (multiple times to make sure).

before anyone asks
  • AHCI mode is on in BIOS and in windows
  • its still got 40gb free out of 64gb and has been used lightly
  • as you can see below, SSD Life from today reports that TRIM is supported and enabled
  • btw i'm also using the msahci driver

so what the heck could make my read performance drop so dramatically in such a short time? also, the access times are still very good and it still feels pretty fast.

within the next day or two, i will be upgrading my motherboard to a Gigabyte P45 UD3R. since i'm planning on reinstalling windows at that time, will a format of the drive restore the performance?

thanks in advance for any help

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
The chances are a file or windows has messed up and caused a problem on the ssd and is limiting its performance.

If your going to re-install windows in a few days sit tight and see what happens.

I got a odd feeling it could be the sata cable thats messed up, try replacing it and trying again.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yep, try a different SATA cable. If that doesn't work, get someone to let you try it out on their computer.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
How are you able to use SSD Life with a Raid Config? I tried and it wouldnt let me.

EDIT: Just noticed you don't have raid

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanbob1234
View Post

The chances are a file or windows has messed up and caused a problem on the ssd and is limiting its performance.

If your going to re-install windows in a few days sit tight and see what happens.

I got a odd feeling it could be the sata cable thats messed up, try replacing it and trying again.

ok i tried replacing the sata cable and my HD Tune result was similarly terrible. thanks anyway, i should have tried that before posting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7ranslucen7
View Post

Use atto or crystal to bench your ssds.

thanks. here are my atto results. it seems my ssd is functioning correctly after all.

why would HD Tune report correctly a few weeks ago, and now be so wrong?

·
Aussie Overclocker
2,791 Posts
1. HDTune is not meant for SSDs.
2. The best way to degrade the performance of an SSD is to run benchmarks over and over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts