Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it wasn't horrible before, but I wasn't really happy with it so I somewhat fixed it. I'm a little disappointed that the store I went to for wire ties was out of the black ones, but the white don't look that horrible. So, well, here, enjoy.

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja_Boy
View Post

After you did cable management there was no flash?

Someone on here gave someone advice on taking pictures. So this is what I did. I backed up and had the camera more steady and I zoomed in when I took the picture to spread the flash out more so it didn't look so crappy.

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wire
View Post

Someone on here gave someone advice on taking pictures. So this is what I did. I backed up and had the camera more steady and I zoomed in when I took the picture to spread the flash out more so it didn't look so crappy.

Ah! And, by the way, I was just kidding. Did some management of the Molex cables (left) and SATA Cables (right).

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Not bad

Personally I would try to move the bundle into the unused drive bays if possible

But still noce job

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaytonCallihan
View Post

That is not management really, you took what was there and tied it...

Wow

Your very helpful.......

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

i say cut holes like cd did it will make it look way better

I would if I felt like it, but I really don't want to mess around with it. Maybe on my next build I'll think of something better, but for now, this works for me.

Quote:

Well it looks better than before. Lets see a pic of your cable management. If it's better than mine I'll shut up and you win.

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
You did the best you could with what you had...

Short of removing the motherboard and doing some select surgery on your case it will be difficult to get better. The case is just too large to re-route wires out of the line of sight.

Hmmmm..... got a dremel?

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Really and truly he has a point. You kinda just compacted it into one giant ball of mess instead of a spread out one.

But it is a little better than before.

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syrillian
View Post

You did the best you could with what you had...

Short of removing the motherboard and doing some select surgery on your case it will be difficult to get better. The case is just too large to re-route wires out of the line of sight.

Hmmmm..... got a dremel?

I saw them at walmart when I was getting the wire ties. Just don't have cash atm to buy anything that my parents won't pay for as I just want to get this computer paid off. I need $300 more and it's paid off.

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by whe3ls
View Post

your parents have a drill and a hole saw bit

My friends dad owns a metal shop and thats where we lan. So I could always just ask his dad if I could use a machine or something. But I just don't wanna litterally start cutting on this computer till it's all paid for. Maybe sometime in the Fall i'll work on it more.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Contradicting statement?

Cable Management, hmm let me think. Managing cables, tidying up the mess of cables, tying up cables to make it appear more professional and clean. Definitely sounds like Cable Management to me.

·
Banned
16,364 Posts
this thread should be called.."Learning..with zip-ties"

g/j on the tidy-up, it will help with airflow a little if nothing else...cutting holes in the mobo tray, will let you run all that behind so it looks much cleaner...kinda like a floating install...

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wire View Post
good job...

A+

1 - 20 of 21 Posts