Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Trying to maximize my cooling and tidied up the best I could, any problems with it? I tried to do something with the PCI-E cables, but they're too short to route behind.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legonut View Post

Flip those hard drives around and route the cables behind.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you think I should put the rear exhaust fan back? I took it out and my temps didn't change in OCCT.

·
Older "geezer" of OCN
2,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryude View Post

Do you think I should put the rear exhaust fan back? I took it out and my temps didn't change in OCCT.
When summertime comes that could make a difference.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickt1862 View Post

When summertime comes that could make a difference.
Yea, I think you're right. Put it back in and flipped the drives around. Thanks guys!

·
Jack-of-all-trades
1,755 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: Ryude

·
Registered
412 Posts
Quote:

Trying to maximize my cooling and tidied up the best I could, any problems with it? I tried to do something with the PCI-E cables, but they're too short to route behind.
Don't mean to barge in, but I've been searching around regarding memory clearance with a heatsink. I am getting the same 970A-UD3 motherboard along with the Xigmatek Gaia you have in the first picture. Is the fan of the Gaia blocking the 1st RAM slot? Or can you just barely squeeze a memory module in that?

Thanks

·
Registered
829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forde3654Eire View Post

Don't mean to barge in, but I've been searching around regarding memory clearance with a heatsink. I am getting the same 970A-UD3 motherboard along with the Xigmatek Gaia you have in the first picture. Is the fan of the Gaia blocking the 1st RAM slot? Or can you just barely squeeze a memory module in that?

Thanks
Depends, you can play it safe and get some samsung low profile ram. Which is very good ram along with being low profile.

Making a new thread in the air cooling forums would probably be your best bet to get advice though.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a Xigmatek Dark Knight II and it hovers almost right on, maybe a cm or 2 above the slot for the 1st ram slot. I could put another one in it. Which I might do in the future. Yet I can't put anything like the Corsair Vengeance in it without the heatsinks on the ram being in the way.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirious84 View Post

I have a Xigmatek Dark Knight II and it hovers almost right on, maybe a cm or 2 above the slot for the 1st ram slot. I could put another one in it. Which I might do in the future. Yet I can't put anything like the Corsair Vengeance in it without the heatsinks on the ram being in the way.
Fortunately, I won't be going any higher than 2x4GB, and as far as I understand, you have to populate the RAM slots starting furthest away from the CPU socket, which means it won't matter if the 1st RAM slot is blocked.

Again, don't mean to barge in, but since this thread and image was here already, thought to throw in the quick question. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The cooler does hover over the first RAM slot, if you have big heat spreaders then you might have to move the RAM into the other slots.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Quote:

The cooler does hover over the first RAM slot, if you have big heat spreaders then you might have to move the RAM into the other slots.
Nothing wrong with that I guess? I see that you yourself have moved your RAM over to the right.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forde3654Eire View Post

Nothing wrong with that I guess? I see that you yourself have moved your RAM over to the right.
Only because it helps with install/removal of RAM as well as giving room for my hands to reach the cooler thumb screws.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts