Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an antec 900 case and cable management is pretty difficult with this case. Would it be okay, to use normal duck tape instead of electric tape to help with the cable management?

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by qTAP View Post
I have an antec 900 case and cable management is pretty difficult with this case. Would it be okay, to use normal duck tape instead of electric tape to help with the cable management?
Just as long as no copper is exposed yes... But that S*** looks nasty and belongs in the Ghetto rigging section.

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoolGuy View Post
Just as long as no copper is exposed yes... But that S*** looks nasty and belongs in the Ghetto rigging section.
Yeah, If you take the time to spend money on a rig, do everything right
thats my opinion.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I actually prefer Duct tape to Electrical tape. . . Duct tape has an incredibly less amount of tact which lease 0 residue when you remove it. To me that is golden. Tape isn't ideal though but you can get buy with it if you like.

As other have said you can make any machine into a cable management beast if you put a little effort too it.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was only going to use the tape for holding it in the back. I'm not going to make the duck tape visable, I already have ziptides in the front holding some cables. I dont see how that would be "ghetto"

anyways thanks for your suggestions.

·
Loosing Vision
1,892 Posts
Trust me zip ties used wrong looks like crap. If your case is black on the inside don't use white..
I can't stand reading about these pro installs from companies and they all use white on black cases.

Tacky!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts