Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
/seta com_maxfps 0 is for unlimited fps (it can go as high as it wants)

the best fps u can have on cod is 125 so i recomend that u put /seta com_maxfps 125

that is all u got to do

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GT!
that didnt work and i have a 6800gt i max out on 60
wont let me go higher
Go to properties in your desktop (rightclick, properties, settings tab, advanced, geforce 6800GT tab) And turn Vsynch off.
Have fun.

Should be on the same tab where you change AA and AF settings.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Have u got the latest drivers? if u have u should be able to set a profile for Call of Duty, and that might fix the Problem

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GT!
y's that
Because when you have vsynch on the game will only go up to whatever your monitors refresh rate is @ that resolution. 60hertz in your case.

Up your monitor res to 75hertz under whatever resolution you're playing COD (with vsynch on)and your card will be topped at 75fps.

When vsynch is off it doesnt matter... The card isnt limited by the monitors refresh rate.

Trust me, thats your problem, nothing else..

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my monitor is set at 75hertz but it only get 60 i turn vsync off i get 160 what does vsync even do

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GT!
were in the hell do u set the refresh rate in the game lol
Vsynch synchronizes your monitor's refreshrate with your videocard's framerate.

The reason you are not getting 75fps with vsynch on, is because if you're playing the game at a different resulution than what you have your monitor set at.

So if your monitor is a 1024x768 @ 75hz

And you're playing the game @ 1280x1024. The monitor my be set to 60hz default for that resolution so when you enter the game and it changes to that resolution, your refreshrate also changes to whatever is preset for that.

Look in my picture. You can see where you need to go to set whatever refreshrate you want for each resolution. Dont forget to click "Hide Modes This monitor doesnt support".
LL

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
now the prob is that i cant break 60fps in doom3 lol so gay o yah and u need coolbits 3d lol only clock frequency is available to u

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Vsync is sweet. I'll explain, when you're playing a game (say your playing a FPS) when you run sideways you'll notice that what ever you looking is getting chopped up and out of sink you'll notice the top half of the screen is infront or behind the other half of the screen (It kinda flickers). you'll also see lines go horizontal across you screen when your staring at rocks or objects like rocks. When Vsync is on it allows a better visual experience. you wont notice the differenc between 60fps and 150fps. you only see the frames that your refresh rate allows anyway. Say your refesh rate was at 60herts and the game you where playing was at 150fps, your eye is only seeing 60fps becuase the montor refreshes whats on the screen 60 times a second (the human eye can only see at 10fps but that doubles to 20fps when frames are low, wierd ay). it really doesn't matter

·
Premium Member
6,356 Posts
Umm lol really new could any tell me what the command for finding you frames per second in Call Of Duty? lol i asked around while playingno 1 would help me at all...lol

·
Premium Member
6,356 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GT!

WOW! LOL

Thats what you get with a GeForce FX 5500 lol im hopefully getting a 6600gt soon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts