Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name says it all folks!

OCN is currently getting some strong competition in the folding community.....and coming from a NEW-about to be 3 week old folder...

OCN WANTS YOU!!!! BUY OCN BONDS!!!!

ANYONE with an 8 series gpu or higher is being requested to help OCN in this tough battle...

IF you post on OCN at least a few times PER WEEK, that means you love ocn enough to fold!!!

It doesn't have to be 24/7, it can only be for a few hours a day if need be.....Just push those WU's!!

OCN would see a much greater increase in numbers if we picked up more people that only folded a few hours a day.......better then nothing!!!

So get the fire started and the gears churning people!!

Light up those idling cards, help OCN AND the Cause.

Team Number: 37726

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
been folding, near 24/7, since EVGA started their campaign to overtake us.

c'mon guys, if i can do it, you can do it! FOLD LIKE YOU MUST MAKE AN ORIGAMI SPEEDBOAT.

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
Yeah here's the deal... I download GPU2 nVidia client... And as soon as I start it it crashes...

I'm not going out of my way to fold if they're not going to make it simple to set up and without stupid errors...

SMP client fails to connect as well...

It's not like I don't want to...

~B~

·
Registered
708 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlankThis
View Post

Yeah here's the deal... I download GPU2 nVidia client... And as soon as I start it it crashes...

I'm not going out of my way to fold if they're not going to make it simple to set up and without stupid errors...

SMP client fails to connect as well...

It's not like I don't want to...

~B~

If it crashes because you are trying to display then just ignore that and don't try to show the display. If not, it would helpful to post some more details.

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
put a link to download it in the original post, and ill help, i dont feel like finding the link on the internet (sorry, I have other things to do)...

·
Retired/disabled.
1,935 Posts
Been folding 24/7 for 1yr and I just let it roll. Every single, dual, quad,and GPU counts. It helps and shows. If you are having problems trying to fold and need help just post and someone will assist you....I know I have had to ask many times before.(lol Still dont know what I am doing
) So join in and fold on....

Chuck D

·
Registered
708 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FieryCoD
View Post

We don't fold to kick other team's butt.. We fold for the cause. Don't forget that.

We fold to kick other teams' butt at folding for the cause.

·
Retired/disabled.
1,935 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FieryCoD
View Post

We don't fold to kick other team's butt.. We fold for the cause. Don't forget that.

Some people for for the cause and some for the competition...as long as they fold it is for the cause in the end. I would gander to say that 1/4th of OCN folders have fun folding for the points, WUs or just to beat there buddy. I say fold on and we will get the results in the end..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wincet
View Post

We fold to kick other teams' butt at folding for the cause.

^^^^ Competition.....

Chuck D Fold on...Fold on...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Man, I want to do this really bad but with being on satellite internet, I'm limited on bandwidth. I think it would be cool to have a computer that usually sleeps at night, doing something other than charging my phone and recording the news. When I move, you had better bet that I will be folding.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TDN1979
View Post

Man, I want to do this really bad but with being on satellite internet, I'm limited on bandwidth. I think it would be cool to have a computer that usually sleeps at night, doing something other than charging my phone and recording the news. When I move, you had better bet that I will be folding.

Don't worry about the bandwidth, it only downloads the new work unit then does everything locally on your machine and sends the completed info back. It could be done on dialup if needed, you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
i got both my 9800gtx+s pumpin out 5k ppd each. once my step up is complete, i should have a gtx260 core 216 55nm up folding.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAND0M1ZER
View Post

You guys are too competitive about folding, I think most of you forget what its all about.

We are not too competitive. We are competitive about whose better at working for the cause. This is simply a way of making it more fun. You sir are looking at it the wrong way

I do it because my family has been touched by cancer over 10 times in the last few years alone. Not for rank.

Fold on!

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
too bad i'm poor and i can only afford ati

1 - 20 of 54 Posts