Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all ...

I am about 2 make the plunge and get a M60 to replace my CM Z3ro-G ...

I have some questions though ...

1) Is this mouse worth the price tag
2) How will the mouse track on my Roccat Sota mouse pad, and finally

3) How soft are the side buttons ... I use a claw grip and have noticed that trying to press the side buttons on my current mouse pushes it sideways before the click and that throws my aim off ... are the side buttons easily reached as I use them a lot in gaming ...

All information would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am happy with mine, got it for $39 at Frys. I dont use the "sniper" button hardly at all, even though I set it up to be the P key so I can assign it to whatever in a game. The fwd/back buttons were similar to my mx1100 but took a bit to get used to since the mouse itself was a bit smaller.

Get it from somewhere that accepts returns easy and try it out
smile.gif

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik in sac View Post

I am happy with mine, got it for $39 at Frys. I dont use the "sniper" button hardly at all, even though I set it up to be the P key so I can assign it to whatever in a game. The fwd/back buttons were similar to my mx1100 but took a bit to get used to since the mouse itself was a bit smaller.
Get it from somewhere that accepts returns easy and try it out
smile.gif
Unfortunately here in South Africa .. there is no such thing as returns ... once u pay it's yours unless u need 2 RMA ... then it takes up to 3 weeks for them 2 decide what 2 do ...

Are the side buttons soft ?? ...

I am looking at this or the G9X

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emissary of Pain View Post

Hey all ...
I am about 2 make the plunge and get a M60 to replace my CM Z3ro-G ...
I have some questions though ...
1) Is this mouse worth the price tag
2) How will the mouse track on my Roccat Sota mouse pad, and finally
3) How soft are the side buttons ... I use a claw grip and have noticed that trying to press the side buttons on my current mouse pushes it sideways before the click and that throws my aim off ... are the side buttons easily reached as I use them a lot in gaming ...
All information would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards.
1) it is def. worth the money, i love mine
2) it will track just fine and you can even adjust the tracking lifter in the mouse software to get you better tracking.
3)The are not too hard or too soft, they are almost perfect, i dont ever have to reaim wheni am pressing the buttons. this is unlike my sidewinder i have before it.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies ... I really appreciate it ... ...

I have a weird request ... ... could anyone measure the distance to the side buttons from the front of the mouse ... and maybe give me the m60's dimensions as I can't find them anywhere

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post

I like my M60 a lot. Works great with my Razer Scarab. That said, I'm not the pickiest of mouse users. Sniper button is too far forward imo (although it may work with a claw grip) and it has a good bit of resistance to it.
I have really large hands ... I can almost completely claw grip my CM Z3ro-G mouse and it is apparently a pretty large mouse ... ...

The sniper button I will probably barely use ... I am more interested in the "back & forward" buttons

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Quote:

I have really large hands ... I can almost completely claw grip my CM Z3ro-G mouse and it is apparently a pretty large mouse ... ...
The sniper button I will probably barely use ... I am more interested in the "back & forward" buttons
back and forward buttons are really easy and nice. they are almost right below your thumb knuckle, which is nice. The sniper button can be re-assigned in the software to what ever you want aswell. The only negative i have about the mouse is that it can not be plugged into the usb 3.0 to install the software and for the software to recognize it, but that is a problem with the software not the hardware.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Quote:

Thanks for the replies ... I really appreciate it ... ...
I have a weird request ... ... could anyone measure the distance to the side buttons from the front of the mouse ... and maybe give me the m60's dimensions as I can't find them anywhere
does this help? The ruler is referenced to the lower front edge of the aluminum in the first pic and the bottom in the 2nd.

·
Registered
196 Posts
oh, and total dimensions (eyeballing the ruler)

117mm L x 77mm W x 37mm H
on my scale, about ~132grams with all the weights installed. I didnt add the cords weight

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by downlinx View Post

back and forward buttons are really easy and nice. they are almost right below your thumb knuckle, which is nice. The sniper button can be re-assigned in the software to what ever you want aswell. The only negative i have about the mouse is that it can not be plugged into the usb 3.0 to install the software and for the software to recognize it, but that is a problem with the software not the hardware.
I noticed that with my current mouse as well ... the second it goes into a USB 3 port it goes all crazy ... I wonder why that is ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik in sac View Post

oh, and total dimensions (eyeballing the ruler)
117mm L x 77mm W x 37mm H
on my scale, about ~132grams with all the weights installed. I didnt add the cords weight
Thank you so much !! ... +1 Rep for you ... ... I really appreciate the effort and it was exactly what I was looking for !! ...

The more I see this mouse the more I want it ... haha ...

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
How comfortable is the mouse for people with large hands? Something like an MX518 or the Steelseries Ikari is about large enough for my hands. I understand that the M60 is about an inch shorter than either of these, but I wonder if it's really necessary for the mouse to support the whole hand... any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I owned one of these and hated it. Excellent build quality, nice software, good looking, but super uncomfortable. The buttons are super-stiff but break in okay. Read my review for thoughts, maybe it'll work out better for someone with larger hands though (mine are 8" long). I found myself reaching for buttons and cramping up, only felt comfortable with my middle-finger on the scroll-wheel (three fingers on top) and that was too unnatural for me.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by claes View Post

I owned one of these and hated it. Excellent build quality, nice software, good looking, but super uncomfortable. The buttons are super-stiff but break in okay. Read my review for thoughts, maybe it'll work out better for someone with larger hands though (mine are 8" long). I found myself reaching for buttons and cramping up, only felt comfortable with my middle-finger on the scroll-wheel (three fingers on top) and that was too unnatural for me.
really, wow, i found the buttons really well done and not stiff. the mouse felt very comfortable and very natural and i have 7.5" hands

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by downlinx View Post

really, wow, i found the buttons really well done and not stiff. the mouse felt very comfortable and very natural and i have 7.5" hands
Heh sounds about right. Mouse reviews are the most arbitrary, subjective thing in technology. You can measure LOD and PCS, "straight lines" and so on, but it's mostly a matter of which shoe fits. They did break in pretty nicely for me, I could just not get over the size. I hold my mouse in a fingertip/claw grip with only two fingers on the top three buttons and was always snagging my pinky and cramping my hand. Now I own a CM Spawn and love it, a controversial mouse itself.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Quote:

I have approx 8" hands and my M60 is on it's way ... As soon as I get it I will let you all know how it feels ...
thumb.gif
That would be cool. The reveiws make it sound like a good mouse, but some people complain about it being uncomfortable to use. My hands aren't particulary large, but my fingers are quite long.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm interested in trying one of these out. Has anyone compared it to a G9x? Looking for something similar in size to the Logitech, but not quite as flat and this mouse caught my eye . . .

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts