Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what makes you guys wanna join and stay in a server possibly adding a server to your favorites. I just made a cs:s server and I want to know from people who play cs:s what do you like about servers like mods, settings, stats, etc. I seem to always have an empty server so I want to bring more people in so help me out guys! I am pretty sure I goot a good name for the server and its running gungame with source mod, with the jukebox mod for people to stream music while in game and custom player skins server sided. help me out! id post my ip to server but I dont think I need to advertise and I do not know if its against the rules here and what not haha.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Just the normal Mani Setup at the minimum, try not to overwhelm the server with custom sounds and skins, as that may discourage people from connecting to your server. If you want to populate it, try running a popular map and get some friends to hang out in the server for a bit for a week or so
once you get some regulars, more people will join - because no one likes joining an empty server

Goodluck, and I think you're allowed to put your IP here (not sure though)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the server set up with fast download and and turbo gungame deathmatch and even got the whole website thing going which was mostly for the fastdownload haha
im stumped. I don't wanna go into peoples server and be like HEY JOIN THIS SERVER lmao. Atleast im not paying for the server haha then id be real sad...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I've tried running servers too before (I didn't pay either), and it's hard to get people in
It's like trying to populate a new Forum (even harder). I used to play a 24/7 iceworld server, and people just joined my server because it was 100tic and ran nice and clean without any messy mods and such. You just need some people in there to give your server a little push, and people will come
There may be people wanting to join your low ping server, but they may turn away because it only has 1-2 players etc. Once you get 4 or so players in (friends on steam friends), other people will start coming, and the server will fill up quick.

·
Registered
504 Posts
its pretty hard to start up a new server. our server has been around for years yet its empty sometimes. you might want to put a few bots (like 4) in. because no one is just going to join a completely empty server but some people will join and play with bots.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the thing with bots is that people cant see that 4 people are playing because they are bots, I must admit that I did give my bots pings so when people join they think they are playing with players haha I mean atleast they may keep them around for a bit till they realize whats going on I changed all the bots names to look like your everyday player names instead of like Bob, Kim, etc. haha I godda get more steam friends yo hahaha.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
What makes me stay in and keep playing? Having other players that don't treat CSS as if they'll die in real life if they die ingame. You know...a fun round of CSS.

Certainly won't be finding any gungame crap in my favorites list.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
i play on all the TNB servers. mostly gungame of all kinds and mini games.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just added stats to me server you know the old school psycostats: /rank /top10 from 1.6 haha I guess from what you guys are saying the biggest thing I can really do here is get some regulars to come through to start populating the server, ive kept my server simple for the most part I must admit I could remove the player models I added but I think the player models are really catchy. The player models are a blood and crip model from gta san adreas, I think that if I maybe forced each T and CT to have the models it would maybe fun but right now its a test so thats why im here to get opinions. I would like to also thank everyone here for giving their opinions and what they perfer in cs:s it helped alot

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
I enjoy normal TDM/defuse/cs maps, as well as gungame and surfing. I don't really care for any special things in the server, just make it a fun match where admins aren't abusive but do take action against people causing problems.

Stats/ranking is nice to have, but not necessary. I also prefer TDM/defuse/cs maps to start with a decent amount of money, at least $8000, because I feel that it kind of balances the entire match out. When a round starts, if one team does good the first (pistol) round then they gain an advantage for several rounds because they get more money while the losing team does not. Then they can buy guns, and the losing team can't really. It just keeps it more balanced to me if you start off with a little extra money.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha I too enjoy a little extra starting cash thats why I set the start cash out to 16000 even though its really unnecessary cuz im running gg:dm haha but regardless if I ever change my mind or feel like playing some good ol reg cs then its already set for everyone.

·
Registered
166 Posts
To many mods are terrible.

Make it a rotation of a few good maps maps. There are enough 24/7 Dust servers!

Shorter round times are cool to. No one likes waiting for the camper to DIE.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladiesman101
View Post

Cal Maps
more startmoney then 800$
NO SPAMMING
Awp/Auto has to be allowed

I can't stand awp... bleh. It's just too... easy. And it's so annoying playing on maps with people using them (especially if the server starts with 16k, so lots of people buy them
).

Auto isn't as bad, but it's still pretty lame. Real men use the scout, test your skills

·
Banned
5,782 Posts
Bomb maps only, competitive map rotation, no add-on BS like quake sounds, and fair admins. Friendly fire on, no weapons restricted. Short rounds. And make a player limit like 18 people.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freezen View Post
what makes you guys wanna join and stay in a server possibly adding a server to your favorites. I just made a cs:s server and I want to know from people who play cs:s what do you like about servers like mods, settings, stats, etc. I seem to always have an empty server so I want to bring more people in so help me out guys! I am pretty sure I goot a good name for the server and its running gungame with source mod, with the jukebox mod for people to stream music while in game and custom player skins server sided. help me out! id post my ip to server but I dont think I need to advertise and I do not know if its against the rules here and what not haha.
I've always loved a good ZombieMod server. To me, what keeps it attractive are good maps and the right settings for push/pulling barricades, and unlimited ammo.

Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts