Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so black friday deals on the egg end in 50 minutes and i am strongly leaning towards picking up a nice new 1080p monitor

with that said which do you guys think would be my best bet and the nicest dealio?
i am currently using an acer 22"

SAMSUNG 24"
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...P1B-_-24001338

HANNS-G 24.6"
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824254040

LG 23"
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824005129

or

ACER 23"
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009179

hit me with it

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
The LG. It's as good as the Samsung, but physically smaller so it's easier to work with.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm so you really think that a 23" would be better for gaming too?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post
I'd recommend the opposite
. The extra size on the 24.6 would be nice.
haha yeah that's what i was thinking logically i suppose--the bigger the better

but i wouldn't really know being as i havent used anything over a 22"

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
I don't see the point in a physically larger screen when it's the same resolution, honestly.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have an acer 23"

I payed the same amount for my 23" as this 24" is priced.

I would get the samsung, simply because they have a good track record (for me) and the magicolor presets are simply stunning.

If I had the money back when I got my acer, I would have gotten the samsung.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Well, the LG is the same resolution as the Hanns G. Therefore smaller pixel pitch, and theoretically "finer" detail. The only one I WOULDN'T choose would be the Acer, as I've had issues with acer monitors in the past.

·
Banned
11,112 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post
I don't see the point in a physically larger screen when it's the same resolution, honestly.
so you would prefer a 17" 1080p to a 22/24" 1080p? :/

personally, i would go for the samsung.

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by T3h_Ch33z_Muncha View Post
so you would prefer a 17" 1080p to a 22/24" 1080p? :/

personally, i would go for the samsung.
I would, actually. It gets irritating having a 23" TV/monitor combo that limits you to 1366x768... as great as it looks, I'll always prefer resolution over screen size, as long as it's over 20".

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so im definitely leaning between the samsung and the lg then.......hmm

anyone have anything to say about the hanns-g? i mean it is the biggest one on the list and it also has the best response time

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Might I recommend this Gateway which has HDMI inputs and usb for future consoles/bluray-players

• Rep+
Reactions: fencefeet

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by imadude10 View Post
The only one I WOULDN'T choose would be the Acer, as I've had issues with acer monitors in the past.
I wouldn't let that stop you in the future from buying another one. Acer doesn't make monitors and uses several manufacturers as does Dell,HP,etc. Two Acer monitors may have less in common than 1 monitor from Acer and 1 from Dell. They could very well be the same monitor with 2 different names stamped on the frame. When considering Acer a "brand", try to find out who actually made it before condemning a completely different model made by someone else. Just my .02.

With that said, I'd go with the 24" Samsung. Yes, the 23" has the same resolution, but overall viewing size is important as well as resolution.

• Rep+
Reactions: fencefeet

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok so its starting to look like the samsung it is then...

arghh 20 minutes to decide

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fencefeet View Post
ok so its starting to look like the samsung it is then...

arghh 20 minutes to decide

So did you pick one up? I got the samsung, thanks to your thread for pointing this out for me
. As for monitor preference, I like the 24" because I won't be sitting all that close to the monitor. I am used to my current laptop monitor being very close to me, which is why I can stand 1680x1050 on a 15" screen.

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
I've got my monitor really close, so the 23" 2048x1152 is really nice for the extra desktop space (remember you only get more room on desktop with higher res, not screen size).

A large screen a little bit back can be very enjoyable also, it just depends on your preference.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alright so i went ahead and ordered the samsung

im stoked for it to come ive been chomping at the bit to see what my 4890's canreally do.

thanks for all of the on the spot help everybody

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by insaneXIII View Post
So did you pick one up? I got the samsung, thanks to your thread for pointing this out for me
. As for monitor preference, I like the 24" because I won't be sitting all that close to the monitor. I am used to my current laptop monitor being very close to me, which is why I can stand 1680x1050 on a 15" screen.
awesome well it looks like we can share the experience then

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fencefeet View Post
alright so i went ahead and ordered the samsung

im stoked for it to come ive been chomping at the bit to see what my 4890's canreally do.

thanks for all of the on the spot help everybody
I have a single 4890 pushing a 24" monitor and it handles every game I play at max graphics. Great card and is quiet in a P180 case.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts