Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Thermaltake Armor VA8000SWA and it is missing the top plate that covers the fan and sound usb and other connectors up on the top of the case.I have looked everywhere and cannot find one.Maybe someone on here has a case that is messed up or just sitting around that would be willing to sell me that part I don't care if it is silver or black Thanks
LL

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Hai thar.

Most frustrating feature on my old Armor - the fan that was supposed to sit under the grill actually winds up sitting under the solid plastic part, and therefore defeats the object rather nicely.

In fact, I found the rear 120mm exhaust fan was sucking air right in through the top and venting out back - resulting in a vague "loop" of air cycling (out through back fan, back in through vent in the top). In the spirit of curiosity I put clingfilm (ceramrap to our colleagues over the pond) on the top, and CPU temps dropped by 4C

But as to where to buy them from - no clue I'm afraid

You have tried ringing Thermaltake? If nothing else, you can get a part number from them and then google the heck out of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts