Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Video

This is the same company that LinusTechTips did a video on, but this time with dual Xeons and triple 1080 SLI!

It's in french, but I just used auto translated closed captions.

And then from their newsletter
Different potential models
Quote:
Small "Home Entertainment" with 200W Cooling capacity
Medium "High Gaming PC" with 400W Cooling capacity
Large "Workstation" with +500W Cooling capacity (Linus Tech Tips video)
XL "World Record addicts" with 1000W Cooling capacity
Looks like the 400W is tentatively priced around $500

I really hope that is gets into production... I've slowly been getting more and more hooked on the idea of having complete silence...

· Registered
152 Posts
I think $500 is a pretty good price, considering the cost of watercooling gears that it replaces ($200 for CPU and GPU blocks, $200 for 2 radiators, $100 for a pump/reservoir, $120 in Noctua fans, $$$$ in fittings, plus untold hours in building, cleaning, testing, filling, draining, worrying the loop).

· Old and Decrepit
2,664 Posts
They will not survive because at this point they have delivered precisely 1 prototype. Not a single unit produced for sale after announcing this more than 6 months ago. By the time they get done screwing around Some Chinese company will have breached their IP and put this into production for half the price they stated. You cant announce something then drag your feet. If its a good idea and it actually works someone will exploit it, thats a guarantee!

· Registered
39 Posts
The video doesn't say anything about 500$.

The prototype costed 55k euros ! over 400hrs of work (not too bad).

But it was only to demonstrate that their type of system can cool a maximum of power (800Watts in this case).

They want to partner with a case company to create a case that will integrate their technology. For it to work, it would have to be a big company that can sale many special unit, to have a low price.
I don't think Corsair or Phantek would be interrested. May be Fractal (also in europe) but may be "Be Quiet".
I think thermaltake will try to copy for cheaper, but pattents might be an issue this time...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.