Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
DISCLAIMER: This is very dangerous and can ruin your hardware. Unless you know what you are doing you WILL ruin your hardware. The performance you gain is usually minimal in most cases unless it is known to unlock features on your card.

That said you'll want to make sure the BIOS you are going to flash is compatible with your hardware.

1. Make a boot disk with the BIOS on it and the programs needed to backup and write to your current BIOS

2. Boot up off that disk and make a backup of your BIOS first. If you have the computer overclocked you may want to revert to default to avoid any unanticipated problems.

3. BACKUP YOUR BIOS!! Save it to the disk and name it BIOS Backup.

4. Flash the new BIOS to your Card. Reboot and test!

Now if you did it wrong or the BIOS is incompatible you have just ruined your video card and will need to flash it back (you'll need to use another video source but leave the bricked card in the computer (varies by manufacturer). I use a PCI video card for this.

• Rep+
Reactions: Gaines1337

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modki View Post
DISCLAIMER: This is very dangerous and can ruin your hardware. Unless you know what you are doing you WILL ruin your hardware. The performance you gain is usually minimal in most cases unless it is known to unlock features on your card.

That said you'll want to make sure the BIOS you are going to flash is compatible with your hardware.

1. Make a boot disk with the BIOS on it and the programs needed to backup and write to your current BIOS

2. Boot up off that disk and make a backup of your BIOS first. If you have the computer overclocked you may want to revert to default to avoid any unanticipated problems.

3. BACKUP YOUR BIOS!! Save it to the disk and name it BIOS Backup.

4. Flash the new BIOS to your Card. Reboot and test!

Now if you did it wrong or the BIOS is incompatible you have just ruined your video card and will need to flash it back (you'll need to use another video source but leave the bricked card in the computer (varies by manufacturer). I use a PCI video card for this.
Thanks man, I'm probably going to keep it the way it is. That much effort for almost no increase doesn't seem worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts