Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I have had this build for about 2 weeks but last night I ran into a problem and have been working on it all day but now it seems to work but in the process the CMOS has been hit and cleared and now I can't find my SSD. I went ahead and reinstalled windows on my HDD because I have been so frustrated I just wanted to get it running.

How can I get my SSD to pull up and when I do what is the best way to format it and get all the old junk off so I can install windows on it?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
im presuming you have got it working again, to fully restore/clean a ssd you need to do the secure erase command, google for a boot cd. has to be on ide in bios but before installing windows change back to achi
edit: if the cmos has been cleared the drive should still show in bios oreven when installing windows

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried changing from IDE to ACHI and I still can't find the SSD.

During the post screen it will find my HDD and then load windows. Under Computer management my SSD does not appear.

I have tried booting with only the SSD hooked up in IDE mode and still nothing. I really don't care if I have to reformat but I really want my SSD as the C drive I just can't find it.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Are you using the blue slot sata3_0 or the white slot sata2_6 slot?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyeyeschase
View Post

I have tried changing from IDE to ACHI and I still can't find the SSD.

During the post screen it will find my HDD and then load windows. Under Computer management my SSD does not appear.

I have tried booting with only the SSD hooked up in IDE mode and still nothing. I really don't care if I have to reformat but I really want my SSD as the C drive I just can't find it.

Check out Windows Disk Management. It may be there, just not formatted.
And you could try updating the BIOS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_K
View Post

Are you using the blue slot sata3_0 or the white slot sata2_6 slot?

You could try switching up which SATA port the drive is connected to, too.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Try the sata white slot and see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts