Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so im thinking about upgrading to to 465's but i was wondering if the 265.90 quadro drivers can be ran on these? I know they work with the 470's and not the 460's. Also i don't want to go 460's. The galaxy 465 is cheaper than any 460 out there, and 465's can be tri sli'd in the future where 460's are only limited to SLI.

My main question is for those 465 users, can you run the 265.90 drivers on your cards?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhudson;11989731
havent tried it, but if it works on the 470 it should.
You should try them out. They are supposed to be the best drivers out there right now. Fixed all my problems with gpu usage and bc2 is amazing. I just want some newer cards with dx 11.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
I've run them with my 470's with the .ini file tweak, so I'd be about 95% sure they'll also work with the 465's.

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Why 265's? 266.35 beta's work perfectly.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
266.44 ftw!

laptopvideo2go.com has them but it won't load for me, so I can't link it.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kora04
View Post

266.44 ftw!

laptopvideo2go.com has them but it won't load for me, so I can't link it.

Do the 266.44's work with any other cards?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Both the 265.90 and 266.44 work with the GTX 465 as long as You use the modded .ini file with both sets of drivers. Both Drivers are very good

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I have the modded 265.90 drivers zipped in my Google Docs file. Let me know if you need the link.

I tried 266.44, but BC2 kept crashing and forcing me to do a hard reboot. I went back to 265.90 and haven't looked back. It really is a fantastic driver set.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by EfemaN
View Post

I have the modded 265.90 drivers zipped in my Google Docs file. Let me know if you need the link.

I tried 266.44, but BC2 kept crashing and forcing me to do a hard reboot. I went back to 265.90 and haven't looked back. It really is a fantastic driver set.

I'd love that link, sir!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxBeNigNxX
View Post

Both the 265.90 and 266.44 work with the GTX 465 as long as You use the modded .ini file with both sets of drivers. Both Drivers are very good

There isn't any quadro drivers that would work for the 460, is there? Figured it's worth the quick question..

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyujmn
View Post

Sweeeet. Gonna try those out in the morning.

Be warned that people have had odd issues with games with these drivers (this goes out to anyone trying), so don't expect it to be perfect. The only games I've seen to definitely show improvements are Bad Company 2, and World of Warcraft. Problems I've heard about are crazy water screw-ups, and sometimes instabilities.

265.90 has done general goodness to SLI problems and increased/stabilized GPU loads for better performance, thermals, etc.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by EfemaN
View Post

Be warned that people have had odd issues with games with these drivers (this goes out to anyone trying), so don't expect it to be perfect. The only games I've seen to definitely show improvements are Bad Company 2, and World of Warcraft. Problems I've heard about are crazy water screw-ups, and sometimes instabilities.

265.90 has done general goodness to SLI problems and increased/stabilized GPU loads for better performance, thermals, etc.

Duly noted. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts