Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I flash my ATI 9600 PRO r350 to an XT? If yes, where would I find the flash? I'm new to OC. Just got my Artic Rev. 3 and installed it.

Should I run ATI Tool to see my highest core setting before flashing my card? What core setting is reasonable before flashing my card?

Sorry for the multiple questions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by simonsez

Can I flash my ATI 9600 PRO r350 to an XT? If yes, where would I find the flash? I'm new to OC. Just got my Artic Rev. 3 and installed it.

Should I run ATI Tool to see my highest core setting before flashing my card? What core setting is reasonable before flashing my card?

Sorry for the multiple questions. Thanks in advance.

I dont think the 350 core can be flashed to a XT as the XT have 360 core. I think there are two versions of PRO (one with 128 Mb and one with 256MB) The 256 MB ones (most of them) seem to have a 360 core and if you have the same then you might be able to flash it. Keep in mind, I have read reviews that there is no good use to flashing it to an XT. Rather use ATI tool or Radclocker to overclock your card...thats all you need to boost performance.

I have also heard about people flashing their cards and render them useless...Make sure you back up the old bios first and if your display card doesnt work after the flashing process (followed by reboot), use a PCI display card to boot up and restore it back....

Check this website for Overclocking/Flashing tools and BIOS

http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
On a 9800, no, 350 cores cannot be flashed to XT, period...but they can still be overclocked though. My new 9800Pro 256 has a 350 on it...:swearing:

Thiis link is to a guide for flashing a 9800 Pro to XT. As to flashing a 9600 Pro up to something else
...no idea. I haven't seen anything for it. Good luck!

http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx...var1=92&var2=0

1 - 3 of 3 Posts