Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy8125

somehow i got 5 rep points by one user. how?

when you look at the profile of a user, you will see green boxes, each box stands for one rep point that that users' opinion is worth, like look at my proile I have two box, if I givve you a rep point it gives you 2 points.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

somehow i got 5 rep points by one user. how?

If you look under user names, there's rep power.... People with more reps have more rep power. So when they rep, you get whatever their rep power is in reps.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

how do you increase rep power then?

you can only increase rep power by getting a certain number of rep points from other users.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would certain benchmarks be like:

100 rep points = 2 blocks

200 rep points = 3 blocks and so on...

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

would certain benchmarks be like:

100 rep points = 2 blocks

200 rep points = 3 blocks and so on...

I beleive that is the case, I am only over 100 points and have only 2 points, but I do beleive that those are the benchmarks

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by archer_456

LOL, Thats why everytime I give someone a rep, I reload the page to make sure they got all 5. I wonder if it the same way when you take a rep from someone??

That is a good question, I would like to know if it works that way, but that does not mean I am volunteering for you to test it on me...lol

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

That is a good question, I would like to know if it works that way, but that does not mean I am volunteering for you to test it on me...lol

LOL, I wouldn't do that to ya!

I have one that I wouldn't mind doing it to, they cursed at me a couple of days ago when I was trying to be helpful, LOL!!!
But since I got over it.... It wouldn't be any fun anymore.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

LOL, I wouldn't do that to ya!

I have one that I wouldn't mind doing it to, they cursed at me a couple of days ago when I was trying to be helpful, LOL!!!
But since I got over it.... It wouldn't be any fun anymore.

what about creating a dummy account to test it on, all new accounts get 10 points, you would just reduce the amount of points on an unused account to 5.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

NAH, Admin probably wouldn't like that, LOL

Yeah your right, that is why I posted the idea instead of trying for myself.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Rep Power under your name is what you can give or take away from someone.

Reputation points are closely monitored for cheating.

Reputations start at 10, anything less than 10 and the Rep Power is 0, when someone with a 0 rep power gives a rep point, it shows up as a black dot rather than a green (good rep) or red (bad rep).

Reputation is based on Good Rep points received, and on the number of posts.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

Rep Power under your name is what you can give or take away from someone.

Reputation points are closely monitored for cheating.

Reputations start at 10, anything less than 10 and the Rep Power is 0, when someone with a 0 rep power gives a rep point, it shows up as a black dot rather than a green (good rep) or red (bad rep).

Reputation is based on Good Rep points received, and on the number of posts.

Thank you for the clarification, san you tell me what the benchmarks are for increasing rep power?

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Many factors play into your Rep Power - How long you have been here, how many posts you have made, how much rep you have etc.

Your rep power = the number of points you add/remove from someone when you leave rep.

I have this written up in a FAQ that I should be able to post this weekend

1 - 20 of 53 Posts