Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not to familiar with water cooling. First of all, can someone tell me: Is it easy for leaks to happen or not. are leaks fairly rare. I would probably test it for 24hours outside the case. Also, if i disconnect the hoses, how do i do that without putting water all over my hardware?

They the most important bit of this thread. I need a few people to choose the components of a watercooling kit (to cool the CPU only at the moment).I need it to be between $200 and $300Aus. I want to choose the stuff from this site.

The prices on that site are in australian dollars. Remember, between $200 - $300
(Cheaper is better offcourse).

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
im not curently water cooling but you can ask lando hes got a nice setup

and i would definately recomend running it outside the case for at least 24 hours

im a cooky kind of person my last rig that was water cooled was using a home depot water pump and i made my own water block

but i gave the system to my brother who was begging me for it when i got my p4 2.6 a while back and now the p4 is my dedicated folder

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

Also talk to XMS, he got help here putting a hell of a system together not too long ago.

^^ Guess who he asked???

Danger Den TDX block
DD double heatercore with shroud(necessary)
Hydor L30pump or Danner Mag 3 pump
2 120mm fans of your choice
tubing of your choice

^^ That's about the best money can buy, and it's relatively inexpensive.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
please help. I thought you people would enjoy choosing a few parts from that site above for under $300, please help...

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

please help. I thought you people would enjoy choosing a few parts from that site above for under $300, please help...

Umm, I thought I just did?

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

Umm, I thought I just did?

Whoa, how did that happen???

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you prbably click submit then press stop really quick to change something and then clicked aubmit again. If not that then i don't know what.

Yes, i didn't see that stuff underbneath your other text. Thanks

I stil need a few more systems from other people aswell.

just, is all that stuff from that site I said to choose from?

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Oops, sorry, I missed the link. I don't like the first site, as those Swiftech products are the older models. They have since released newer versions of their waterblocks that perform much better. You can take a look at www.swiftnets.com The second site doesnt really offer that great of a selection, as far as performance goes that is. I know off the top of my head that www.dtekcustoms ships to Australia. Let me do some checking around and see what I can find.

Edit: Hmmm, it seems as though Australia doesnt have a whole lot to offer as far as the newest products are concerned. Still looking....

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Sloth, in case you haven't looked...no, only the block is on that supplier's site and it is listed at $100.

Why does it have to be an Australian supplier?? Is it just shipping costs or do they not let stuff in? Being in America I know I have it pretty easy when it comes to ordering stuff.

Lando, you beat me to the response...yeah, I did a little looking before I posted and it doesn't seem like there is much in the way of Aussie friendly options.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
do you need a Reservoir or not. Also, do pumps come any cheaper than $100 aus

try www.pccasegear.com.au, they're alright but they don't have a huge water cooling section but it's alright. Try and get me something under $300 on that site and on the site your checking out now. i'll be on for a long time so don't worry that i wont get your reply cuase i will

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
You don't "need" a resevoir. You can use a T-line to fill/bleed. Basically, you put a "T" splitter somewhere in the loop. On the top of the "T" you have a tube that goes straight up. It has to be higher than any other point in the system so that you can fill it without water blowing all over the place. Yes, you do need clamps on every connection. I have seen a few people go without them, but that is just playing with fire. I certainly wouldnt risk several hundred dollars worth of equipment.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Don't go for the pre made kits if you can help it. It's much better going with one you built yourself. You always get what you want. And it's a great learning experience.

• Rep+
Reactions: Lando95

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

Don't go for the pre made kits if you can help it. It's much better going with one you built yourself. You always get what you want. And it's a great learning experience.

Very true, I forgot to mention that. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Lando, do they make "press-lok" tubing for PC app's? I know we have it for molds with 1/2" I.D.s but it is industrial, large O.D. (likely where the strength comes from to stay on barb connectors) and not very flexible.

Even if they did I would still go your way and clamp everything...all it takes is one drop.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bindusar

Lando, do they make "press-lok" tubing for PC app's?

I know what you are talking about, but I have yet to see it for PC or in 5/8''OD. Yeah, I would clamp everything too. Like you said, 1 drop and bye bye $500 video card, I don't think so. What someone should make is tubing that also acts like heatshrink. Seal that baby up nice and tight. It would have to be a high heat heatshrink though. And then it would be a b!tch to get off without scissors.

BTWm, that's an awesome Avatar you got there, 10/10

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

It would have to be a high heat heatshrink though. And then it would be a b!tch to get off without scissors.

Just torch it off lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts