Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys, just had a quick question for ya. Ok so every other month a company called Cerner in Kansas city, MO throws a big lan party. But this month im out of state and have my computer. Is it possible to connect to their LAN from here in Idaho? And if so how and or what do i need to do?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the lan is connected to the internet, but the games are hosted locally if that helps.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poseiden
View Post

Well the lan is connected to the internet, but the games are hosted locally if that helps.

IF!!! whoever is hosting the lan party portfowards from the router to the game server, you could connect remotely. If not, then you'd need a VPN connection, which i'm sure they didn't setup for a LAN.

• Rep+
Reactions: Poseiden

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How would i go about checking if they port forwarded?

Also plus +rep to you guys for the quick responses and help however it may end.

·
Registered
886 Posts
u'd pretty much need a vpn server on their end, and u would be the client to connect to them, or they could setup hamachi, and to check if the ports are forwarded, u'd have to ask them. doesnt matter if the games are hosted locally at the lan party, thats why u need a vpn (or hamachi, but thats vpn too) so u can connect remotely, otherwise, if they were hosting on the internet, with rented servers, u could just connect

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm ok. Well thanks for the help, im pretty sure they dont care to set up that junk just for 1 person. Guess ill miss this months and go next time.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poseiden
View Post

Hmm ok. Well thanks for the help, im pretty sure they dont care to set up that junk just for 1 person. Guess ill miss this months and go next time.

yup, seting up a vpn server, without hamachi is tricky in my experience, but ur welcome, and try to attend next time
lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts