Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what I was thinking. I am building a custom WC setup for fun and I was trying to do it as cheap as possible. I built my own custom res using a 1 gallon container. It's a nice design, but the water into the res is towards the top. A while back I bought MCT-40. I bought 32 oz of it. That's 1/4 of a gallon, so it obviously won't fill up the entire thing. It says it's premixed and ready for use as is, so if I dilute it with distilled water, will it still act as a good anti-fungal/anti-corrosive, or should I suck it up and buy something else? Buying 3 more of these is out of the question. I can't justify the 60 extra dollars.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
If I were you I would try and sell it the way it is. MCT-40 gives worse temps then MCT-5. Buy a small bottle of zerex for $3 or something like that.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, I think I'll do that. What ratio do you use to dilute anti-freeze like that?

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Llama

Cool, I think I'll do that. What ratio do you use to dilute anti-freeze like that?

I think it's something like 5%. Take a look at Burn's guide or the other stickies, I'm sure it could be found there.

• Rep+
Reactions: The Llama

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do. Thanks again. I tried to rep, but it said spread the rep around? Never saw that before.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty Auchter

Have you repped him a few times recently?

I know I definately did for the 39 dollar apogee. Beyond that I'm not sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts