Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a pretty decent overclock with my Celeron 2800 recently.... got it up to 3416 MHz with stock cooling and vcore, and I just ran Prime95 for 27 hours without errors. My board is a cheap ASRock one, with no possibility to raise vcore, so I believe I'm stuck where I am right now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I won't gain anything with better cooling, since I can't raise vcore anyway (and therefor not raise FSB)?

edit: my load temp is now 41 degrees celsius.... around 26 degrees idle.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Lower temps will produce better results at the same vcore. As to what kind of results you could expect, and whether it's worth the investment, it's hard to say....maybe 100 extra mhz with a 10C temp drop? Ultimately the two kinda go hand in hand: lower temps allow more efficient operation at the same vcore (compared to higher temps at that vcore), and lower temps allow you to go higher on the vcore while keeping temps with spec. Without being able to change vcore, it's your call whether it's worth it or not.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Well as a fellow Celeron user, I'd say, why not just throw on an XP-120? I'm using stock also, and I've got a nice 1Ghz overclock, now the XP-120 would be even nicer. But Watercooling is a nice investment, For if in the near future you get a new CPU. But If your just going to stick with the Celeron for a long time, I don't think it would be worth the time and money spent on water.... Thats what my parents told me about my computer...
lol
By the way, Nice OC'

1 - 3 of 3 Posts