Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i hook my xbox up to video-out on my vid card or would that put it out to a tv. I have now clue, should i get a TV-Tuner Card or what should i get to hook my xbox up to my monitor.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamerule9

Can i hook my xbox up to video-out on my vid card or would that put it out to a tv. I have now clue, should i get a TV-Tuner Card or what should i get to hook my xbox up to my monitor.

The Svideo on your card is only vid out, if you want the xbox vid on your monitor you will need the tuner card.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
If you had a TV tuner, you wouldn't be able to play Xbox on your Monitor. You need to make sure you get a TV tuner with Svideo in. There are cards with S-video-in, RCA-in and Firewire. There about $100 and very handy. You can get a VGA to S-video cable. There hard to find though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

If you had a TV tuner, you wouldn't be able to play Xbox on your Monitor. You need to make sure you get a TV tuner with Svideo in. There are cards with S-video-in, RCA-in and Firewire. There about $100 and very handy. You can get a VGA to S-video cable. There hard to find though.

Yes you can, I have an ATI VE capture card with only RCA in, and I can play my xbox on my monitor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.