Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, ive tried many settings, trying to overclock and i dont htink its possible, and i even burnt out a 4gb stick tryin so i think lol, but anyways, everything in my BIOS atm is on default/auto, i can take pictures of my BIOS if needed, I was told that i could get to 3.6 on stock voltage, but when i tried i kept gettin a BCCodex124 and my vcore was up to [email protected] or should i just not overclock and stay at default settings?

CPU :1090t BE
RAM : 2x2GB ADATA [email protected]@1.55-1.75v
MOBO : M4A79XTD EVO

thx for your time.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Are you just raising the multiplier ? or doing a FSB changes ?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Hmm i have the same board and I have no issues OC'ing my Phenom II X3 720 BE.

Only time I've gotten BSOD is when I go over what I can get.

I've been able to boot windows with all 4 cores unlocked at 3.8ghz and take a CPU-z validation. But it crashes shortly after.
That was when I had 8gigs of DDR3 1033 ram though.

The most I can get with my 16gb of DDR3 1600 so far has been 3.6ghz

I just up the multiplier and go from there I don't really mess with anything else.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiggLe View Post

Hmm i have the same board and I have no issues OC'ing my Phenom II X3 720 BE.
Only time I've gotten BSOD is when I go over what I can get.
I've been able to boot windows with all 4 cores unlocked at 3.8ghz and take a CPU-z validation. But it crashes shortly after.
That was when I had 8gigs of DDR3 1033 ram though.
The most I can get with my 16gb of DDR3 1600 so far has been 3.6ghz
I just up the multiplier and go from there I don't really mess with anything else.
do you leave everything on auto? and bumped it to x18?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by hednik View Post

No you would leave everything on auto. Just a sec. ok
Do you have cool n' quiet and a few other settings turn off ?
everything is on auto cool and quiet is enable and a few others are disable like CE1 and Strat table, but turbo core is on auto also

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i disable Cool and Quiet and ACPI STRAT Table and left everything else on auto' except the Ratio is now x18 for 3.6ghz, and i changed my ram in my bios to [email protected] 9-9-9-24 im gonan run prime to see how it goes' or show i just run Hyper Pi 32m to see if ti s stable?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here is a few pictures of my BIOS and my IDEL temps i tried x18 and i got a BCCodex124 so i put it down to x17.5 and now im gonna run prime again.. hopefully i get no BSOD.. wish me luck.. what do you guys think

my BIOS and IDEL temp
http://imgur.com/a/sFldN

here is loads temps at 3.5
http://i.imgur.com/W3iZW.png

COre temp shows my vcore is at 1.4v and it was at 1.4v at 3.6 also and crash.. lets see if it works with 3.5

·
Riding on the edge
3,264 Posts
Turbo core has got to go, disable that one!

You'll do better to manually enter as many values as you can rather than leaving everything on auto.

I usually run SuperPi and LinX to check Ram, but Prime95 will tell you if the system is stable. If it passes these two others, than I'd start checking stability with prime95.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post

Turbo core has got to go, disable that one!
You'll do better to manually enter as many values as you can rather than leaving everything on auto.
I usually run SuperPi and LinX to check Ram, but Prime95 will tell you if the system is stable. If it passes these two others, than I'd start checking stability with prime95.
im stable it seems atm with prime running for over 20min, should i stop it and disable turbo core?

·
Premium Member
15,115 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmuckley View Post

all auto? :
doh.gif
: dude..
read this
http://www.overclock.net/t/777378/official-gappos-little-deneb-thuban-overclocking-guide-with-too-many-smileys/0_20
gappo ain't gonna steer ya wrong..he's oc'd just about all amd chips :
lachen.gif
:
PS you get more performance out of overclocking cpu/nb..AND it gives you higher cpu clocks...
you gotta disable turbo core..reach for frequencies wayyyy higher than that stuff.......
yeah i cant seem to find a s table OC.. only by leaving everything on auto except my ram and the x17.5 for my 3.5GHz OC.. i also have a hard time reading and doing it in bios..
frown.gif
i just dont get it, ill read his guide again but all i get out of it is disable what i dont need.. like i did and to use my multi :S

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Read the guide linked above.

THEN get things off of auto and set them manually once you've read up and know what you're doing.

Your board is solid, I have one running an unlocked 555 BE at 4.0, down below in my sig.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thAche View Post

Read the guide linked above.
THEN get things off of auto and set them manually once you've read up and know what you're doing.
Your board is solid, I have one running an unlocked 555 BE at 4.0, down below in my sig.
i got a 3.6Ghz OC @ 1.45v is that too high? or should i go back to [email protected]

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarter_breed View Post

i got a 3.6Ghz OC @ 1.45v is that too high? or should i go back to [email protected]
A 400mhz overclock and decent hardware doesn't seem right. Something is still not set or off auto there, I just can't tell you for sure.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by hednik View Post

A 400mhz overclock and decent hardware doesn't seem right. Something is still not set or off auto there, I just can't tell you for sure.
im on a stock fan ATM

1 - 20 of 26 Posts