Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i overclock my old pc, cant play that much properly and i dont have money to upgrade. And how to oc. thanks.

heres the infos. (attached)

much appreciated

Attachments

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,472 Posts
MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X for the GPU. You can Google how to OC on your own. Don't be lazy.

CPU, not in any capacity that matters. It's a prebuilt with no BIOS options to OC. You can try using SetFSB but you're unlikely to get more than 100mhz without voltage or memory divider control.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X for the GPU. You can Google how to OC on your own. Don't be lazy.

CPU, not in any capacity that matters. It's a prebuilt with no BIOS options to OC. You can try using SetFSB but you're unlikely to get more than 100mhz without voltage or memory divider control.
One more thing sir, i have 240W psu is it enough? Thank ypu again for responding.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,472 Posts
you likely won't even have voltage control in Afterburner, OCing without adjusting voltage won't increase power consumption by any amount that matters.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Can i overclock my old pc, cant play that much properly and i dont have money to upgrade. And how to oc. thanks.

heres the infos. (attached)

much appreciated

If you decide to give over clocking a go stay away from high memory clocks and increased voltage on GPU.

Give a small bump to the ram and and push the GPU up as high as possible till you start getting locks up on driver or hardware. Than back off in small increments till you maintain 24/7 stability.

Memory is usually the weakest point in computers.....Weather it be network gear, computers or Video cards i come across alot of hardware that dies due to memory issues.

GPU is next to impossible to break.... when you start cramming high amount of voltage the VRMs tend to give out on the lower quality cards...

For memory, id never push the MHZ too high.... bad idea...

Scan for artifacts, running with artifacts is a big no no.

If you have a high quality card with proper VRM cooling, you can push the volts and core speed up as high as your heart desires...

Just stay away from high clocked memory.... regardless of cooling, memory does not like running at high clocks next to the edge of stability....

Your card might be fine for a few months or even a year but than the artifacts come and your memory is a goner....

Memory is very sensitive and its not like all the other components in your computer. Many think its ok to run the memory at the edge of stability like a GPU or CPU but its not........

• Rep+
Reactions: kdbg16
1 - 7 of 7 Posts