Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey hey everybody,

so yeah, im still stuck with my crappy e4500 clocked at stock, and ive been itching to play black ops again since the day my ps3 died(YLOD), which made me unable to play because my ps3 is indeed.. dead. So yeah, I am going to buy black ops from steam and before I do that, I need my doubts cleared of worrying about not running it on a solid 30+ frame per second. Well ofcourse Call Of Duty is a fast paced game and lagging isnt going to help me "PWN N00BS" at all, right? And no, I dont mind running it on the lowest graphic setting whatsoever.

So here are my pc specs:
Gtx 275 896MB GDDR3
4GB ram ddr2 800mhz
C2D E4500 2.20GHZ
WIN7 64 Bit

So yeah, will it run nicely? (Performance Wise)
Thanks
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,528 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TestECull;13099042
I ran it. Your rig is faster than mine. So your shouldn't feel it.
That thing told me I couldn't run Crysis....from the Steam web browser...which was overlaid on top of Crysis....yeah...
doh.gif
Well Did you look at the recommended and minimum lines? probably reaches the minimum but the the recommended which tells you if you can run it WELL...

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TestECull;13099109
It flat out said my rig couldn't run it.
Meh...it works good...Maybe you cant run it but your running it in a dream...like inception...MAYBE YOUR RIG IS IN LIMBO AND THINKS ITS RUNNING IT!

·
Owner of 20 SSDs
4,727 Posts
lord knows, it runs fine on my GTX 470 rig and my GTX 470m laptop, but, it is such an buggy game that it is slow for no good reason on fast rigs and is fast on old rigs.

Only way to know is to run it.

and good god that CPU blows ass, it's only 2.2 ghz, will bottleneck your GTX 275 very badly and will make it perform like a 9800 GT or worse.

And black ops is known to run a bit better on three or more cores, it runs a bit crappy on duals.

·
Banned
4,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreedExx;13098944
Hey hey hey everybody,

so yeah, im still stuck with my crappy e4500 clocked at stock, and ive been itching to play black ops again since the day my ps3 died(YLOD), which made me unable to play because my ps3 is indeed.. dead. So yeah, I am going to buy black ops from steam and before I do that, I need my doubts cleared of worrying about not running it on a solid 30+ frame per second. Well ofcourse Call Of Duty is a fast paced game and lagging isnt going to help me "PWN N00BS" at all, right? And no, I dont mind running it on the lowest graphic setting whatsoever.

So here are my pc specs:
Gtx 275 896MB GDDR3
4GB ram ddr2 800mhz
C2D E4500 2.20GHZ
WIN7 64 Bit

So yeah, will it run nicely? (Performance Wise)
Thanks
smile.gif
OC that E45 to 3.5, youll max it fine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoblikat;13099480
OC that E45 to 3.5, youll max it fine.
Can't OC.. No cooling system, crappy 3 year old motherboard, and to be honest... I don't know how to overclock
biggrin.gif

So basically... Im stuck with this crappy e4500 until i get a C2Q next month.

·
Melted Cheese
4,198 Posts
Please note that Black Ops runs off of an engine that was built in 1999. That was 12 YEARS ago. You could have a rig with half the specs that you do and it would run just fine.

Also remember that Black Ops is pretty much the same game as COD 4, 5 and 6 so it is extremely boring if you are looking for something even slightly different.

I bought COD 4 and 5 and skipped 6 and bought 7 for 25 percent off and feel I wasted every penny I spent on BO. but hey that is just me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exostenza;13099617
Please note that Black Ops runs off of an engine that was built in 1999. That was 12 YEARS ago. You could have a rig with half the specs that you do and it would run just fine.

Also remember that Black Ops is pretty much the same game as COD 4, 5 and 6 so it is extremely boring if you are looking for something even slightly different.

I bought COD 4 and 5 and skipped 6 and bought 7 for 25 percent off and feel I wasted every penny I spent on BO. but hey that is just me.
Yep, i know how you feel, after 4, everything went down hill and felt the same, but no, Black Ops felt like, I don't know, PERFECT *Quake Voice*. But seriously, can i run it? I mean, im not into the whole "OMG IT LOOKS GOOD ON MY RIG" scene, I just want, no, just NEED to run it on a stable fps that wont cost me losing my 10 killstreak which is a kill away from getting DOGS. I don't even care if the texture looks like MINECRAFT from all the settings tweaking.

·
Registered
992 Posts
This game sucks with dual cores. Sure you can play it, but not without stutter at 30-40fps.

Taken from personal experience with my old 4ghz E8400. Which is nearly double the gflops of your processor.

·
Registered
706 Posts
My old ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 ran Crysis Warhead .. and that card .. well, it's considered low-low-low end today.

Conclusion = Black Ops should be fine with yours !
I'm serious, do not even doubt ..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoBodi;13099438
lord knows, it runs fine on my GTX 470 rig and my GTX 470m laptop, but, it is such an buggy game that it is slow for no good reason on fast rigs and is fast on old rigs.

Only way to know is to run it.

and good god that CPU blows ass, it's only 2.2 ghz, will bottleneck your GTX 275 very badly and will make it perform like a 9800 GT or worse.

And black ops is known to run a bit better on three or more cores, it runs a bit crappy on duals.
Yep, 2.2 EXTREMELY bottlenecks my 275. Playing bad company 2 on my current rig, while running it on the LOWEST of the LOWEST settings.. and getting 25 and below fps on crowded areas, while seeing people run bad company 2 on triple monitors and using a gtx 275.. Makes me want to go back in time and punch some sense into my younger self for buying the e4500.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreedExx;13099797
Yep, 2.2 EXTREMELY bottlenecks my 275. Playing bad company 2 on my current rig, while running it on the LOWEST of the LOWEST settings.. and getting 25 and below fps on crowded areas, while seeing people run bad company 2 on triple monitors and using a gtx 275.. Makes me want to go back in time and punch some sense into my younger self for buying the e4500.
Why not overclock the **** ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p3r;13099835
Why not overclock the **** ?
Don't know how to.
biggrin.gif

Sorry if im about to go off-topic, but are there any tutorials on how to overclock? While on stock cooling? Maybe a little boost to 3.0 and i think ill be fine.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreedExx;13099873
Don't know how to.
biggrin.gif

Sorry if im about to go off-topic, but are there any tutorials on how to overclock? While on stock cooling? Maybe a little boost to 3.0 and i think ill be fine.
I'm quite certain it should easily be done .. Or at least a boost of some kind.
You don't have to be the best OC'er to increase the clock by 400MHz.

However, I do not much about C2D's ..

There are loads of guides on how to overlock. Also some aimed at your particular CPU especially.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.