Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I want to know if I can still use the mobo ports for the fans to monitor the speed eventhough I will be using a 5.25" bay fan contoller? This is just a manual fan controller. If so, how?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So that one wire will still function even if the other aren't used? Good deal!!!!!
Than you!

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crashovride02

So that one wire will still function even if the other aren't used? Good deal!!!!!
Than you!

No you still have to put power to the fan. Just think of it this way... there are three wires. Two are for power (+) (-) and one is for RPM. Wire the power lines to the fan controler and the RPM wire to your motherboard. It might get messy but it works.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie36

No you still have to put power to the fan. Just think of it this way... there are three wires. Two are for power (+) (-) and one is for RPM. Wire the power lines to the fan controler and the RPM wire to your motherboard. It might get messy but it works.

REP for you!! Thanks. I will be doing this over the next couple of days as I Sleeve my wires and install a new hdd and put a blow hole in my case. I appreciate the help!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts