Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am planning on replacing my motherboard with a newer Z68 board, and Im wondering about SRT. I will be upgrading from my 60GB Vortex 2 to a Corsair Force GT.

Can I use the Force GT as a main boot drive, but have the 60GB Vertex 2 Cache for my 1TB Samsung F3 which is where I install all my games/apps? Or does it only work with the primary boot drive? And if it does only work with the boot drive, can I use the vertex 2 to cache for the force GT or is that a waste?

·
Read Only
10,321 Posts
I believe you can. SRT is just between (I think) 2 drives. It'll treat the two like a single drive with more cache (I guess) and leave the others be.

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiveron View Post

So I am planning on replacing my motherboard with a newer Z68 board, and Im wondering about SRT. I will be upgrading from my 60GB Vortex 2 to a Corsair Force GT.

Can I use the Force GT as a main boot drive, but have the 60GB Vertex 2 Cache for my 1TB Samsung F3 which is where I install all my games/apps?
yes
Quote:
Or does it only work with the primary boot drive? And if it does only work with the boot drive, can I use the vertex 2 to cache for the force GT or is that a waste?
Why would you cache a data on a slower SSD for the faster SSD? You slow down your system rather than speed it up. And I am not sure if you can do that one. lol

• Rep+
Reactions: Shiveron
1 - 3 of 3 Posts