Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive found an outstanding deal on a tablet at microcenter:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/439773/TW700_Tablet_-_Black

60 bucks for a 720p tablet, just crazy! It has everything i want except im not sure how chromecast works with W 8.1. Does anyone in here own a chromecast and a windows tablet? I want the tablet mainly for watching netflix or twitch when not near a PC but there would be times id like to send these to my TV via chromecast, i looked on the windows app store and didnt see chromecast listed but could i use the chrome browser on this tablet and just send things to chromecast that way?

Appreciate any replies.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so after a bit of research i found this tablet is using the FULL edition of windows 8.1 and not RT. I had no idea what RT was til i started looking but RT does not let you install things that arent on the windows live app store from what i understand only full windows.

That said, being this is a full edition of W 8.1 i should be able to put google chrome on this device and cast to my chromecast directly from the browser instead of using apps right? Just install the chromecast plugin and then go to netflix or youtube and the cast icon should appear in browser just like it does on my desktop?

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update, just bought this thing and it is ridiculously awesome for 60 bucks. Chromecast works just fine with using the browser
smile.gif
If anyone has any questions about it ill try and help, but i must say if you live near a microcenter you will not be disappointed in this tablet for 60 dollars
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I am curious about the WinBook itself.
From what I research, they aren't well known nor have any reputation about it, so I was curious about its build quality and other.
Yeah, ChromeCast work on every device.
I am curious about the devices > project.
It is like when you slide your finger from right side to the left and you see the "Devices" then you click "Project."
I wonder if you can actually "Extend" the display.

Well, I do have ChromeCast, but I don't have a Windows 8 tablet. Well, I used to but return it.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This thing is actually surprisingly well built, it has a soft touch feel on the back with no creaking sounds when trying to twist the device and it has a nice weight to it. I dont know much about winbook either but the company seems more legit than most chinese tablet manufacturers you find for this price point. Yep i believe the project button lets you easily extend your display to another monitor, this little beast has a HDMI out port, if you werent a gamer you could easily use this as a PC with a montior/wireless mouse keyboard. Last thing chromecast does not work on every device, if this had windows 8 RT i wouldnt be able to use full chrome browser and no apps in the tile mode work with chromecast on windows platform. Only downside to this thing is storage, after you install windows updates and the likes you have 3-4gb left, which is actually enough for me on a tablet but you always have the option of popping in a SD card up to 64gb. I actually have debated installing WoW on here to see if it would play it lol.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts