Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above,
The family/brother's computer should be arriving next week,hopefully together.

There wasn't enough in the budget for BF3 so I bought him the RU version from g2play and redeemed it on origin under his new account.

Now what I was wondering was would this work
I start the download through origin on their new PC
Pause the download
Transfer my BF3 files (English) to their new hard drive and into the correct folders
Resume download
Let it recognize its "done"

It would be nice if it did, just save hassle of downloading and changing language etc

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
159 Posts
I recently tried that when I changed my gaming hard drive out for a SSD. Unfortunately what I found was that It will not recognize when you put the files there, and will continue to download anyway as if there were no files there( I also shut origin down after transferring the files hoping it would help).

Possibly what you could do is let it finish downloading and then just overwrite with your files if your wanting everything in english.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
i have the ru version.. just finish the downlpad completely then copy the english files in the directory and start origin/bf3 window in the browser and select english and check files.. it works

• Rep+
Reactions: dan_ep82

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ep82 View Post

As above,
I start the download through origin on their new PC
Pause the download
Transfer my BF3 files (English) to their new hard drive and into the correct folders
Resume download
Let it recognize its "done"
It would be nice if it did, just save hassle of downloading and changing language etc
Thanks
Dan
you might try closing origin when moving the files over then re launching origin
Quote:
Originally Posted by smex View Post

i have the ru version.. just finish the downlpad completely then copy the english files in the directory and start origin/bf3 window in the browser and select english and check files.. it works
ive done this both ways and they've worked for me no different that what each of your are saying. the only thing for the ru version to look for the english version is change the registry keys. should be done after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts