Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone!!! im going to upgrade my gpu to a his iceQ turbo 7850 card!!! my current setup is a a10 5800k cpu with a 6670 gpu in crossfire with on board griffics...I have a rosewill 450w capstone psu!!! the 7850 is recommended at 500w!!! I really don't have the $$$ for a new psu also!!! do u guys think I can get by on my 450w psu??? sorry for the grammer...thanks!!!

cpu-a10 5800k
motherboard-asrock pro 4
hd-ssd 128g
ram-16gb-1866mhz
dvd drive
gpu-6670

·
Senior OCN Member
40,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathblow View Post

hi everyone!!! im going to upgrade my gpu to a his iceQ turbo 7850 card!!! my current setup is a a10 5800k cpu with a 6670 gpu in crossfire with on board griffics...I have a rosewill 450w capstone psu!!! the 7850 is recommended at 500w!!! I really don't have the $$$ for a new psu also!!! do u guys think I can get by on my 450w psu??? sorry for the grammer...thanks!!!

cpu-a10 5800k
motherboard-asrock pro 4
hd-ssd 128g
ram-16gb-1866mhz
dvd drive
gpu-6670
Its enough

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had no idea you could crossfire with on-board graphics.....

seriously though, it seems 7850 draws 27a, so you need to find how many amps your +12V rail/s are rated for and how many of them you have. Other 450w PSU's I look at have about 30a on a single rail model so you should be good. You save some watts/amps by having a SSD instead of an HDD so that helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im sorry:eek: lol im new to building....I meant dual graiffics with the a10 5800k....any how its a 12v single rail...output is rated at [email protected]!!! so im guessing that is ok then???

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
The GPU in an APU isn't technically "onboard" but you can definitely crossfire it with a dedicated ATi card. That was the whole point of AMD buying ATi and the development of the APU.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Quote:

im sorry:eek: lol im new to building....I meant dual graiffics with the a10 5800k....any how its a 12v single rail...output is rated at [email protected]!!! so im guessing that is ok then???
Yeah I had just never heard that crossfiring a PCI-E card with onboard graphics was even possible, I googled it, and it is, so, rep for that
thumb.gif

37a is plenty as long as you don't have any other power hungry items. Is that a Rosewill Capstone PSU?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavi Mike View Post

That was the whole point of AMD buying ATi and the development of the APU.
Now that makes sense. I kinda stopped paying much attention to computer stuff between Wolfdale and Bloomfield builds. That merger must've happened during that time.

·
Premium Member
11,034 Posts
Quote:

the rosewill capstone 450w with 37A on +12v rail (37 x 12 = 444w) is a very high quality psu and can run even a HD 7950. so HD 7850 should be no problem
thumb.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts