Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am thinking about swapping out my 4870 for a 4850X2 and i am wondering if my PSU could do it?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
I'm pretty confident that it can do it, although I would like some confirmation.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I'm not sure... Just like TwoCables, I am pretty sure that it would do the job, but lack any kind of confirmation. Sapphires website says:

" 650 Watt or greater power supply with one 2x3-pin PCIeR power connector and one 2x4-pin PCIeR power connector is required (1K Watt with two 2x3-pin and two 2x4-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)"

But being that Corsair makes some great PSUs who performs a notch over the rest, I'm not sure.
EDIT: Just realized you said 4850x2... I thought it said 4870x2 lol. Yeah it should do it just fine

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
It can handle it, but it leaves you less headroom than I'd like. You're looking at around 400W total consumption. With a figure like that I'd prefer a 650W PSU.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by meticadpa View Post
http://www.****************/reviews....raphics_card/4

That's with an i7 rig. Your power supply can do 41A/492W on the 12V rail, so you should be fine.

For some reason I can't link to the review site...
I think I know which site that is then. But I can't remember the exact site name.

However, there's a very good reason (as explained very well by admin) as to why it's censored.

·
Registered
96 Posts
As others have said, without a doubt you can. I'm not running a 4850x2 but I am running 2x4850s on my 500w PSU without a hiccup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts