Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OC'd 4890 1GB to 1GHz and QX6850 @ 4GHz.

Pulling barely over 14k. Anything that's not going to require a lot of $$ to make this any higher?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by arbalest
View Post

OC'd 4890 1GB to 1GHz and QX6850 @ 4GHz.

Pulling barely over 14k. Anything that's not going to require a lot of $$ to make this any higher?

is that with physx enabled?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by bringonblink
View Post

is that with physx enabled?

Yes.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Well, depends on what you mean by 'not a lot of money'. Overclock the card, that's free. Otherwise, well, a P55 setup would get you a bit higher score. Another 4890 would get you a lot higher score. That's about it offhand. The 10.3 catalysts improved my Vantage gpu score pretty nicely (about 10%), but not sure if they will with a 4890.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You should know that scores with physx eneable will not be aknowledged by fellow oc'ers...

Its not fairplay, to put it simply. You should always benchmark with physx disabled. I know it sounds weird but thats the way it is.

And to improve the score you should do the basic tweaks:
-classic theme in windows with black background
-performance options set in ccc, all of them, ai catalyst disabled
-set manually real time affinity on vantage
close any programs and processes that are not needed
etc etc

le: and also, you should always open cpu-z and gpu-z and make the screenshot of your score with those 2 in it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
You just cant compare Vantage to much with ATI cards, because it doesnt work the same. My now TRI FIRE 5870 perform better than my old TRI SLI 285's, but dont in Vantage. IMO Vantage becomes more useless with ATI.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMOEDADDY
View Post

You just cant compare Vantage to much with ATI cards, because it doesnt work the same. My now TRI FIRE 5870 perform better than my old TRI SLI 285's, but dont in Vantage. IMO Vantage becomes more useless with ATI.

That just means your TriFire 5870's dont scale as well as gtx285's in vantage. My single overclocked 5870 can hit 21200 in gpu test. Haven't seen a single gtx285 hit that.

·

13,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMOEDADDY View Post
A freshly formatted windows will solve this along with 10.3a drivers.

aslong PhysX was disbabled with your 285's.

·
Banned
1,251 Posts
don't forget to use driver sweeper in safe mode to get rid of any hidden drivers.
Works a treat, did for me, but I did run it under normal windows, then re-read the uninstall procedure for safe mode and, to my surprise, there were still drivers hidden, Nvidia 1s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts