Overclock.net banner

Can not get an overclock at all

930 Views 16 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Bimmer520
Just spent several hours following the guide and such.. I cannot get OC'd past 2.3 Ghz. I set my FSP at 210 with the multi at 11. My HTT is set down to 4 and my vcore is at 1.4. I set a divider on my ram at 166, and left the timings at default. Anything past that and I get auto reboot. Anyone got some advice?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had set my multi to 5 to test my FSB, it was ~1300mhz. I ran a few tests and whatnot for 20 minutes or so and no errors.. but I don't imagine I would downclocked that far.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well I finally got a clock of 2406 (~ +200) with a multi of 11, FSB 218, HT at 4, and memory divider 166 with timings of 2-3-3-7. I tried timings of 3-4-4-8 to see if that would let me get a higher overclock, but it didn't. My vcore is at 1.5.
Also changing dram voltage or HT-link voltage didn't help any either. Any one know if I'm missing anything or any other advice?

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update.. I now have a clock of 2652 Mhz, with a multi of 11 and FSB of 240, my HT had to be set down to 3 to even get it to post, then I had to up the voltage to 1.65 vcore and +.2 on the ddr with a divider at 166. I have my timings at 3-4-4-11 but I can't run prime95 for more than a few seconds without gettin an error. I'm wondering if I'll have to get real loose on my timings, and what kind of effect that'll have on overall performance?

I only load up to 32*c btw

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmm .. I was under the impression taht by setting a divider, I could bypass my RAM's inability to OC well and up the CPU a bit more. Still cannot get stable at any OC above 2.3 or so.. any one else?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.