Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please people can you give me advice for my card?
There is a lots of posts for unlocking x 800 pci-e cards but i didn't found a single one refering gigabyte radeon x800
So my question is this:
Can I unlock this:
My core is R 430 (same as pro version) as you can see on this pic.
What next?

And here is another thing:

My ATi tool says this:

Default GPU Clock: 400.00 MHz
Default MEM Clock: 490.00 MHz
CONFIG_DIE_FUSES: 0xFFFFFFFF
CONFIG_SUBSTRATE_FUSES: 0xFFFFFF9E
CONFIG_ROM_FUSES: 0xA61
GB_PIPE_SELECT: 0x2724

What all those "F" means?
????
I tested my card with all kinds of pograms and i found out that im 101% stable at GPU 428MHz / MEM 555MHz
PLS HELP....

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Yes, this is possible to get to 16p, but your card has a lasercut that needs reconnecting with a conductive pen and then flash a new bios.
Details of both are in the Bios Flash Guide in my sig.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TNX but only one thing bothers me: where are those laser cuts?!?!?
I know what to look....but i just can't see it.....
Got myself a pic with hi-res and still i couldnt find laser cuts.......can you help me locate them.....or i can send my pic on your email cos it is around 2500x1900 pixels

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Sorry mate, just seen this is an R430. These don't have lasercuts like the R42x cards. I think the cut is actually done inside the GPU so there's no way to reconnect this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tnx for the help mate.... Can you at least tell me what is the best thing i can do to make this card faster......? (besides overclocking )
I read that new card BIOS (F3) had some mem tweak....... will this help?

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Muerte

Tnx for the help mate.... Can you at least tell me what is the best thing i can do to make this card faster......? (besides overclocking )
I read that new card BIOS (F3) had some mem tweak....... will this help?

You can try it, but I doubt tweaking the memory settings will make any real difference to gaming performance. Other than that, there's nothing else you can really do apart from overclock it.
There's a tweak guide for setting up the ATI CCC: http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_1.html It won't make the card any faster, but it might help you optimise the speed you already have better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts