Overclock.net banner

Which would you choose for a Dorm room setting?

• Cosmos 1000

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • P183

Votes: 10 52.6%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll get to the point quick. I'm going to college at the end of August, and want/need a new case. I hate hate hate my Antec 900. I Want to leave my computer on most of the time, since i will be on college power, I'll be able to fold, almost all the time. As a result, I need a quiet case.
I like both the Cosmos 1000, and the p183. The problem is I can't decide between the two.

Cons/Pros
Cosmos
Pros- Sound dampening sides. Tons of space. Has risers on bottom for airflow. Good looking. Tool-less
Cons- Heavy, more expensive then the P183

P183
Pros- Big, compartamentalized, Cheaper, lighter.
Cons- No sound dampening(lol)

What do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
p183 cus it's not as big as the cosmos and also can be made very silent with with a limited watercooling kit or maybe only a couple of fans running at low. p182 also looks better imo.the cosmos gets tirering after a while.

sound dampning material doesnt really help much regarding noise only maybe some of the high pitch sounds and vibration but your fan speeds will be more important if wanting a silent case.

·
Senior Overclocker
5,063 Posts
I voted P183 because it sounds better lol

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo23451
View Post

what about the Cosmos S(dust filters) or half 932

I've thought about the 932 and it doesn't seem like it would be any better then my 900. And the S seems the same.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
The Sonata is very quiet, even with fans at full bore I can sleep soundly with it on.

Well, expect my 4890's fan at 100%, that poop is loud.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The P18X series dont have the normal sound dampening foam on the doors, but they have triple layer plastic in the sides, to give the panels extra weight. Does sorta the same job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts