Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, hopefully this will be a quick one.

So I've seen pictures of the 212+ installed in a few comps, a few I think even in the Sniper, and it looks like it reaches outwards to the edge of the case. I'm worried that it'll hit the side fan, and I don't want to abandon that, nor the entire paneling for that matter.

Can anybody who has both weigh in on this? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skysoldier View Post
I'm not sure about the Sniper, but I think it is roughly the same size as my Scout case. I have the 212+ and it fits just fine.
He wants to know if it'll still fit with the side fans on there.

How big are the side fans? I know with the Scout, the Hyper 212+ fits pretty nicely. The Sniper is about 1.4inches wider than the Scout, so it might be a pretty tight fit, depending on how thick the side fan is.

Edit: If it's the larger 200mm fans that Cooler Master usually ships with their cases, I think it should be fine. My brother was able to fit a V8 with the large side fans into a HAF 932, and the HAF is slightly more narrow than the Sniper. He even fit it with normal 120x120x25mm fans.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
He wants to know if it'll still fit with the side fans on there.

How big are the side fans? I know with the Scout, the Hyper 212+ fits pretty nicely. The Sniper is about 1.4inches wider than the Scout, so it might be a pretty tight fit, depending on how thick the side fan is.

Edit: If it's the larger 200mm fans that Cooler Master usually ships with their cases, I think it should be fine. My brother was able to fit a V8 with the large side fans into a HAF 932, and the HAF is slightly more narrow than the Sniper. He even fit it with normal 120x120x25mm fans.
Sorry, missed that. Anyway I have a 120mm on the side with no problems. I havent tried attaching two side fans, but 1 works for me.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you skysoldier and hyujmn for the replies! I poked around the Internet a bit more, and I found a comment that pretty much had what I was looking for:

http://www.testfreaks.com/blog/revie...#comment-42468

Of course, after that I realized that I could've just measured the inside of the case with a ruler, since CM posted how tall the cooler was. The above comment checks out; there's still about 1" left between the 212 Plus and the side fan. So I guess I'll be ordering it in a few days.

+REP all around for taking the time to reply and help out.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyujmn
View Post

Pretty sure you're still misunderstanding him.

He's talking about the side CASE fans, not fans on the heatsink.

No I was talking about case fans as well. I have the two 120mm's on the side panel mounted. They come close to the heatsink but I have had no problems.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skysoldier
View Post

No I was talking about case fans as well. I have the two 120mm's on the side panel mounted. They come close to the heatsink but I have had no problems.

So both 120mm slots have fans on them and the H212 still fits well without rubbing/hitting the fans?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvo
View Post

So both 120mm slots have fans on them and the H212 still fits well without rubbing/hitting the fans?

Correct

1 - 9 of 9 Posts