Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a corsair 800D and was thinking this but can the pump handle?

reservoir>pump(d5)>240rad>gtx480>gtx480>cpu>360rad >reservoir
or
reservoir>pump(d5)>360rad>cpu>gtx480>gtx480>240rad >reservoir

And which loop do you prefer, the second loop would require more tubing though

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Always make the loop with the least tubing. Also, instead of the D5 pump, I'd get the MCP 355 pump with XSPC Aftermarket pump top. It will put out more flow on your loop because of the high restriction.

Also, what parts are you going to use for the rest of the loop?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Radiators provide little resistance to flow. The single D5 should be fine.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliehorse55
View Post

Always make the loop with the least tubing. Also, instead of the D5 pump, I'd get the MCP 355 pump with XSPC Aftermarket pump top. It will put out more flow on your loop because of the high restriction.

Also, what parts are you going to use for the rest of the loop?

just to give short list:
-EK-Supreme HF
-2 EK-FC480 gpu blocks
-xspc radiators, one 360, one 240
-compression fittings
-black tygon tubing 1/2"ID 3/4"OD
-d5 pump
-dont know what fans to use
-EK-Multioption RES 400 Rev. 2

Do you want computer parts as well?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliehorse55 View Post
But GPU/CPU block do, and he has three. He'd definitely see higher flow rates with the 355 than with the 655.
The CPU block and the 2 GPU blocks will not be that bad. If the OP starts adding t-lines and resizers then we may have an issue.

Your really not going to notice too much of a difference between the D5 and the MCP355. They both perform admirably.

D5: 10ft , 315GPH
MCP355 w/ top : 22ft , 240GPH

As you can see from those stats, the D5 gives a higher flow rate but lower head. If you looking for silent operation as well, the D5 is must.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenderlove0` View Post
just to give short list:
-EK-Supreme HF
-2 EK-FC480 gpu blocks
-compression fittings
-d5 pump

Those are great WC parts. For fans get medium speed yate loons. (x 10 for push-pull)

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
i recommend you get the xspc res with the d5 pump mount/top and then add another pump into the loop.... its what i did
now i have ridiculous flow!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenderlove0`
View Post

just to give short list:
-EK-Supreme HF
-2 EK-FC480 gpu blocks
-compression fittings
-d5 pump

A quick question for the OP in regards to fans; are you looking for silent, bang for your buck performance, or best overall performance regardless of budget or noise?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moltar
View Post

A quick question for the OP in regards to fans; are you looking for silent, bang for your buck performance, or best overall performance regardless of budget or noise?

good performance, i dont care if its a little loud as long as it doesnt sound like a vacuum and I dont really want fans over 12-15 bucks

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
The R4's are great fans. Many people like them because of the low db rating. I had 10 of them in my last build and could not fault them.

How many fans are you going to be needing? Will you be wanting a fan controller as well?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah I will be using a fan controller and I will probably need 8-10 of them, i dont think I will be doing a push/pull but i also want to put some in the case, replace some of the stock fans

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Only fan I would ever consider is the typhoon(got more money go delta or a 38mm), the typhoon has the best pressure per DB then any fan out there untill you start using the 38mm ones. That means the air will pass through your radiator allot easier and keep it cooler.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
If he is even slightly contemplating a silent PC, which he is, there is no way that he should consider a Delta an option. I have 3 "Mega Fast's" and they sound like a jet taking off.

Dont believe me? Check this out.

The Typhoon's are great fans, but, they are a bit on the expensive side, especially since the OP is considering picking up 8-10 of them, at $15 a piece that means he would be spending $150 just on fans, not including shipping. IMO, the R4's or the Yates are going to be the best bet for a cost effective, yet, efficient build. Plus, the temperature difference that you would see would only be 1-2C if that between the R4's and the Typhoons.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts